Author Topic: Nexus 7 and EasyVFR  (Read 8716 times)

EsaHarju

Nexus 7 and EasyVFR
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:36:02 pm »
Dear Gentlemen,

today I received the uBlox dongle and ground testing was successfully completed. The most painful part was while waiting the airliner departing from EFOU but PAW detected that almost immediately and I catched the screenshot for your viewing. Next step is flight testing during jump flights next weekend.

Thank you Lee and other persons for developing this tremendous system, you too Rob, for your patience helping us during these years along the EasyVFR.

Sincerely,

Esa

Keithvinning

Re: Nexus 7 and EasyVFR
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:56:33 pm »
Jump Flights??

Sea what are you using pilot aware for? Skydiving??

Keith

EsaHarju

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:52:46 am »
Exactly, skydindiving flights  :)

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:54:05 am »
Esa,

Are you using PAW in the jump plane or when actually skydiving?

Regards

Peter

EsaHarju

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:49:51 pm »
during piloting the jump plane, of course  8)

Keithvinning

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:10:18 pm »
      Ahah

You say of course but it could have been the parachutists themselves

1 To let other air users that they were in the air
      2 To let you know they had all left and if on a static line were not wrapped around the fuselage as has happened
      3 To let the ground now when they had all landed and the runway was clear for other traffic to land.

Lots of uses for PilotAware  8)

Keith

gvpsj

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 09:31:24 pm »
With all this coverage and success of PAW my little screen will be swamped and all the navigation data masked out ;)

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 10:57:18 pm »
That's when the filters come in, to allow you to limit contacts displayed to a sensible level around your own altitude, thus reducing 'clutter'.

Regards

Peter

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:39:55 pm »
Should be interesting with freefall skydivers. You'd get all these contacts appearing then rapidly disappearing...

exfirepro

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 08:44:36 am »
Hi Paul,

Interesting.... Yes, but again much better to know they are there. On one trip, heading home from way down south, I had to divert into unfamiliar territory and land due to my way being blocked by a massive thunderstorm. It was getting late, so as soon as it cleared a bit I took off again to head on home, but due to the divert and weather now had to pass fairly close to the west of a marked but not known jump field. In view of the weather I reasoned that no-one would be jumping, but put out blind calls on their frequency just in case and getting no reply continued en route. The first thing I noted was an aircraft dropping in steeply and landing on the field below and to my right. Next thing I knew parachutes were opening right in front of me. I literally had to stand my plane on the wing end in a left turn to avoid them and was praying no-one was still on the way down to the west of the others. I never want to get that close to a skydiver again - unless it's in the pub!

Hence my question to Esa.

Regards

Peter

EsaHarju

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 07:03:30 pm »
Indeed, interesting and very useful! But when bridges are available? A couple of those guys might be interested in this kind of use.

Admin

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 07:50:35 pm »
PilotAware Classics are available on the PilotAwareHardware.com site.
Thx
Lee

EsaHarju

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 08:10:16 pm »
As a newbie I might not know all the terms but there are for sale only the PilotAware Bridge&License and PilotAware as a complete unit but nothing about Classic? I have Rasp, uBlox, WIFI dongle, DVB-T gears with demo license up and running. I assume I'd need just a Bridge with antenna and 1 year license?

Richard

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 08:20:02 pm »
Yes that's all you need 😎
Richard.
Europa XS

Welsh Pilot

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 10:14:12 pm »
PilotAware Classics are available on the PilotAwareHardware.com site.
Thx
Lee

Hi Lee,
I've been extremely patient but can you give us any idea when the bridges will be available?

The site says week commencing 30th for delivery the following week.

As it's Friday tomorrow that's appears to be highly unlikely at the moment.

Thanks...