Author Topic: Classic Configuration documentation  (Read 4437 times)

GrahamB

Classic Configuration documentation
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:18:04 pm »
My PilotAware Classic arrived, I followed the instructions and other the forgetting to set the FLARM interface of Sky Demon to 6000 it worked out of the box. Many thanks, great work...
I have now worked out where everything can reside (but not installed) in my Arrow IV and a couple of questions have arisen, that I would appreciate some advice on.

1. Does it matter if the ASD-B in aerial is located horizontally or vertically (I have mine horizontally and it seems to work fine, commercial stuff up to 40K feet no problem), but thought I better check?
2. Where can I find some documentation about configuration of the Classic? The PAW introduction document initial page has settings for such things as Mode-S separation and Mode-S detect and I have just taken the defaults but would like to understand more. Also there are other pages on 192.168.1.1. page but again I can't seem to find any documentation. Would like to know what I would be looking at if(when) I go there.
3. Info on the Audio output also seems to be absent or again have I just missed it?

If I have missed the obvious please accept my apologies, if not then any guidance/pointers would be very much welcome.

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Classic Configuration documentation
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:09:08 am »
Regarding the ADS-B antenna, transponder emissions are so powerful that you could probably use a wet piece of string and still receive enough for collision avoidance purposes. With a proper antenna on the dashboard, mounted vertically, from over Andover I get aircraft as far away as the other side of the English Channel, up over Wales, across to Belgium and up to around Stoke on Trent.

Keithvinning

Re: Classic Configuration documentation
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:02:19 am »
My PilotAware Classic arrived, I followed the instructions and other the forgetting to set the FLARM interface of Sky Demon to 6000 it worked out of the box. Many thanks, great work...
I have now worked out where everything can reside (but not installed) in my Arrow IV and a couple of questions have arisen, that I would appreciate some advice on.

1. Does it matter if the ASD-B in aerial is located horizontally or vertically (I have mine horizontally and it seems to work fine, commercial stuff up to 40K feet no problem), but thought I better check?
2. Where can I find some documentation about configuration of the Classic? The PAW introduction document initial page has settings for such things as Mode-S separation and Mode-S detect and I have just taken the defaults but would like to understand more. Also there are other pages on 192.168.1.1. page but again I can't seem to find any documentation. Would like to know what I would be looking at if(when) I go there.
3. Info on the Audio output also seems to be absent or again have I just missed it?

If I have missed the obvious please accept my apologies, if not then any guidance/pointers would be very much welcome.

Hi Graham
We are working on the updated documentation which should be available next week. This will fix the original documentation and update for the changes that we have made. In the meantime information on antennas can be found at pilot aware.com

Thx
Keith