Author Topic: Ground Station  (Read 168651 times)

Admin

Re: Ground Station
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 08:05:59 am »
Give paw a reboot
Go to the home page
Click listtrack
Download the file for the date in question (to a pc or mac)

This contains all logged data

Thx
Lee

JCurtis

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 09:01:50 am »
Assuming I get my ground station up and running today, what are the best settings to identify it?

Do I just make up a Reg?
Did a GroundStation setting get implemented in the software?
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

exfirepro

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 09:40:50 am »
Hi Jeremy,

There is a setting in (Configure) (Aircraft Type) for 'Base Station', which transmits this information as part of the P3i data. Some Nav Systems can apparently display this, but I don't know which ones.

You 'can' put something other than your 'Reg' in the Flight ID box to identify yourself. It has 12 character spaces so 'Jeremy Base' for example is possible.

(Page 27 of the new Operational Manual refers)

Regards

Peter

JCurtis

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 03:44:00 pm »
Hi Jeremy,

There is a setting in (Configure) (Aircraft Type) for 'Base Station', which transmits this information as part of the P3i data. Some Nav Systems can apparently display this, but I don't know which ones.

You 'can' put something other than your 'Reg' in the Flight ID box to identify yourself. It has 12 character spaces so 'Jeremy Base' for example is possible.

(Page 27 of the new Operational Manual refers)

Regards

Peter

Righto things are kind of up and running, bit of a mashup at the moment but functional.  Had some alerts from a tiger moth and an R22 flitting around Cambridge, according to the radio traffic anyway.

If anyone is around Cambridge way I will try and have it on most of the time, I'm inside the EGSC ATZ to the North.

Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Admin

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 04:49:42 pm »
Hi Jeremy,

Maybe put yourself on the map setup by Ian Fallon ?

I have been wondering the best names to use on base stations, what about post codes postfixed by BASE

eg
CV32ZZ-BASE

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:05:15 pm by Admin »

JCurtis

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 05:03:33 pm »
Hi Jeremy,

Maybe put yourself on the map setup by Ian Fallon ?

I have been wondering the best names to use on base stations, what about post codes postfixed by BASE

eg
CV32ZZ-BASE

Thx
Lee

I've been on the map for ages down as 'JCurtis'  ;)

As for my base station name, I'll see if anyone spots me, I've left the group as default so it will have the #'s around. 
There could be a discount code for a charger available for the first correctly reported spot ;D.  I'll leave it on as much as possible during the day, if the weather is bad it might go off as I've not weather protected it at all yet.

To the one member on here who I let know what it was set to, you are not eligible to enter!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:05:29 pm by Admin »

exfirepro

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »
Heck of a long way to fly for a charger discount Jeremy! I'll have to pass. :)

Welcome to PilotAware!!

Peter

EricC

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:46 pm »
Hi

No Rx today.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 08:36:24 pm »
I left mine running today, and before I left the house to do some work in Newbury, I had 222 P3i packets.  :)

See what it says when I get home.

Admin

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 08:58:52 pm »
Paul,
If you reboot your paw and email the track file,
I can post process and give you the data

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 10:25:55 am »
There's masses and masses of ADS-B data in there, but I'll give it a go!  ;D

EricC

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 08:30:23 pm »
Hi

RX today 48.   Poor wx so very little flying around here.

JCurtis

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 07:00:33 pm »
Remembered to take a screen shot before shutting down for the day, no-one been down my way yet it seems.
Won't be up tomorrow but expect to be running Tue/Wed all day.

Yesterday I had the PilotAware connected via some test gear monitoring the power draw, over the day it took 58.14m readings and there was quite a span in terms of consumption.  The minimum was 0.658A with the max being 1.326A, this was with the PilotAware unit, an iPad connected running SkyDemon and I guess an average of circa 55 ADS-B/Mode S targets shown on the traffic page when I looked from time to time.  Voice alerting also running via a set if ear bud headphones.  The unit and iPad were powered by a Charge4.

exfirepro

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 08:13:55 pm »
Hi Eric,

You can download the track logs onto a laptop, PC or Mac via the 192.168.1.1 wifi address and they can be opened and read using 'Notepad' or 'Wordpad'. Takes a bit of getting your head round though at first. If you are struggling, drop a note to Lee, he has a programme to analyse the logs - just don't everybody ask at once or development will grind to a halt  :)

Let me know how you get on

Regards

Peter

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 10:54:42 pm »
How can you tell which ones are P3i and which ones are ADS-B?