Author Topic: SOLVED! - Latest software  (Read 11624 times)

Pegassusuk

SOLVED! - Latest software
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:55:07 pm »
Hi
As an original Beta tester with old ARF I have  recently received my new replacement ARF !
I have upgraded my licence for a further year .Do I have to upgrade software for this to work as I still have the old P1B+ ?
I seem to be unable to download software for this !
Can anyone help ?
Mike
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:40:43 pm by Admin »

exfirepro

Re: Latest software
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:10:27 pm »
Hi
As an original Beta tester with old ARF I have  recently received my new replacement ARF !
I have upgraded my licence for a further year .Do I have to upgrade software for this to work as I still have the old P1B+ ?
I seem to be unable to download software for this !
Can anyone help ?
Mike

Don't let Dave Styles hear you calling the new board an ARF - it is a PilotAware Bridge - a much better piece of kit, with a proven range of up to 26km in testing.

The new bridge will plug straight in to your Pi B+  in place of your old unit and work in a similar but vastly improved manner, though you will not get the new ModeS and Audio warnings - as they will only run with the latest software on a Raspberry Pi 2.

For your own peace of mind, please  read through the more recent threads before diving down the upgrade route!

Regards

Peter

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:12:29 pm »
The same software works for both.

There's a new way of putting your licence in now (valid until next May 1st) so you have to revalidate your licence (free) and get a new key for the new software.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 05:31:31 pm »
Hi Mike

Please follow the instructions here for the latest (FCS) software
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,156.0.html

Thx
Lee

flying_john

Re: SOLVED! - Latest software
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:44:32 pm »
The same software works for both.

There's a new way of putting your licence in now (valid until next May 1st) so you have to revalidate your licence (free) and get a new key for the new software.

Doesn't for me Paul. I followed this route and have had to make do with the trial key 28days for my Pi 2.

Warning to others  who have helped over the last year or so, dont upgrade the Pi as you will not be given the new licence key to match your MAC. Only solution is to tinker with MAC address and make a pre-loader for the Pi.

John

Pegassusuk

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:36:09 pm »
Thanks all for the info !
I have not had an answer to my question re the software !
 I have my new licence upgrade from he download page but when I go to software download box I get no response ?

Admin

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »
Thanks all for the info !
I have not had an answer to my question re the software !
 I have my new licence upgrade from he download page but when I go to software download box I get no response ?

Thats strange so when you select "Download The Software", you do not get a pop-up to download the latest release ?
hmm, I wonder if your browser is disabling pop-ups perhaps, although I dont think it is classed as a pop-up

Thx
Lee

Pegassusuk

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 12:05:46 am »
Lee
That's correct ,I can keep pressing ,the blue line  (progress bar) on iPad starts then disappears !

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:43 am »
iPad? Can you format and write an SD card with the iPad?

Do you have a PC of some sort which you can do that with instead?

Doesn't for me Paul. I followed this route and have had to make do with the trial key 28days for my Pi 2.

Easy solution, just carry on using the B+...

flying_john

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 07:31:19 am »
Easy solution, just carry on using the B+...

What - and not have the one product saving feature, Audio alerts !!.

Without audio alerts which I, and many others, requested it becomes another 9 day wonder , as if you spend time looking at the screen waiting for a conflicting aircraft you are not performing your scan of the view out of the cockpit.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 08:33:46 am »
Ah. <Nods>

Pegassusuk

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 09:37:43 am »
I will try the PC approach !
Sadly I have just ordered the 2B so I would like to take advantage of the new features !

Admin

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 09:59:23 am »
I will try the PC approach !
Sadly I have just ordered the 2B so I would like to take advantage of the new features !

Hi
Have you received your PilotAware bridge yet, or are you still awaiting dispatch ?
Thx
Lee

Pegassusuk

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 01:11:56 pm »

yes Lee, arrived a couple of days ago,and is installed !
ihave downloaded the software on the laptop no problem ,so if i download to the micro sd and load into the piotaware it should work ?
as i stated in previous messages i have a new licence code ,should i remain using my old one until the new 2B arrives  ?
when 2B is installed will the new licence work ?
sorry for the endless questions as i am a computer dummy and the more i read on the forum the more confused i become! 

Admin

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »

yes Lee, arrived a couple of days ago,and is installed !
ihave downloaded the software on the laptop no problem ,so if i download to the micro sd and load into the piotaware it should work ?
as i stated in previous messages i have a new licence code ,should i remain using my old one until the new 2B arrives  ?
when 2B is installed will the new licence work ?
sorry for the endless questions as i am a computer dummy and the more i read on the forum the more confused i become!

Hi

Just to confirm you have a license request code foryour Bridge, so save that until your Pi2B arrives.

In order to test out on your current PiB+, you could either
- retrieve your Beta Key
- generate a 28 demo Key

The key generation webpage is here :-

http://pilotaware.lode.co.uk/

Thx
Lee