Author Topic: Enhancement Requests  (Read 240510 times)

Admin

Re: Enhancement Requests
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 06:22:30 pm »
Hi  Lee,

I'm still testing on the ground. Currently, the HDMI output blanks after a few minutes, so I can't see logging to the attached screen anymore. Only way to get the screen back is to hit a key on the keyboard *if* one is attached. I usually don't. Would you please disable the screen timeout so it keeps displaying data?

Thanks!
Rob

I have no idea how to do that, do you know a way ?
Also, you know you can get the log output through the web interface ?
Thlee

JCurtis

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2015, 07:20:41 pm »
Hi  Lee,

I'm still testing on the ground. Currently, the HDMI output blanks after a few minutes, so I can't see logging to the attached screen anymore. Only way to get the screen back is to hit a key on the keyboard *if* one is attached. I usually don't. Would you please disable the screen timeout so it keeps displaying data?

Thanks!
Rob

Thlee

From my "handy commands" text file of all sorts of odd things you can try....

Code: [Select]
Edit /etc/kbd/config
sudo pico /etc/kbd/config

Change the settings;

BLANK_TIME to 0
POWERDOWN_TIME to 0

As you don't use X that should stop the screen blanking.  Or it did at the time when I put it onto my tips file, be a while ago now though.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

scsirob

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2015, 07:24:24 pm »
Hi  Lee,

Thanks!
Rob

Thlee

I think if you add "setterm -blank 0" in your startup shell script, the screen should stay alive. As you use runlevel 2 by default, somewhere in the rc2.d scripts directory would probably be good. Assumption is that setterm is present (or part of busybox)

The web log output is too slow over WiFi to catch up.

Thanks!
Rob
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:26:39 pm by scsirob »

scsirob

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2015, 07:33:27 pm »
Lee, if you have nothing better to do, would you consider making the WiFi and eth0 IP addresses configurable? The current default clash with my home network.

onkelmuetze

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2015, 06:01:12 am »
As this forum becomes bigger and bigger, I start to loose my overview of what is going on on the development side.  ::)

I suggest a fixed thread "captain's logbook", containing open points on your list, stuff in progress, and solved/implemented points and/or issues.

Only Lee should be allowed to post to keep it from drifting off topic.

Admin

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »
As this forum becomes bigger and bigger, I start to loose my overview of what is going on on the development side.  ::)

I suggest a fixed thread "captain's logbook", containing open points on your list, stuff in progress, and solved/implemented points and/or issues.

Only Lee should be allowed to post to keep it from drifting off topic.

its a good point, I need to have a sweep of the enhancement requests and put out to a poll.
I have a lot of this info in my logbook, just not publicly available.
At the moment we are concentrating on the P3I Transceiver work.

Thx
Lee

Admin

Multiple Navigation Clients
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:58 pm »
Hi All

There was a request quite a while back to support multiple Navigation clients, ie connect more than one copy of SkyDemon/RunwayHD etc to PilotAware.
I now have this working and this will be included in the next release

Thx
Lee

T67M

Re: Multiple Navigation Clients
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »
There was a request quite a while back to support multiple Navigation clients, ie connect more than one copy of SkyDemon/RunwayHD etc to PilotAware.
I now have this working and this will be included in the next release

Thanks Lee - much appreciated.

Ian Melville

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2015, 07:41:33 am »
Hi Lee,
If you PIlotAware does not have a GPS, do you have to set a master device for it to receive the GPS signal from? Or is this only for PIlotAware units that have an internal or USB GPS?

Admin

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2015, 09:17:59 am »
Hi Lee,
If you PIlotAware does not have a GPS, do you have to set a master device for it to receive the GPS signal from? Or is this only for PIlotAware units that have an internal or USB GPS?

Hi Ian,
It will be the first to connect.
PAW will run a single listenening socket, so further connections will be ignored
Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2015, 12:31:36 pm »
Thanks Lee, Still waiting for the GPS :'(

r_w_walker

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2015, 02:27:35 pm »
I was lucky with my iphone got system working great BUT would prefer a stand alone system.

Iphone screen too small, iPad device too old to run SkyDemon or Runway HD. Both dependent on subscriptions to third parties.

So many combinations of display possibilities but many posts of problems with third party devices.

Is version 1 available seems to be just what I want. I have a windows CE device.

Might be a cool idea for a standalone box, w/o tablet. Just to draw your plane in center and then 1 mile-circles around it to display other aircrafts positions in.

so funny, here is version 1 of PilotAware from two years ago running on a WindowsCE device

There are still some pilots who fly VFR without GPS, iPads, etc who might be interested in an inexpensive collision avoidance device.
Power FLARM too expensive. A stand alone device would be very attractive.

South Moor Farm
Guest accommodation and airstrip.
www.southmoorfarm.co.uk. hi@southmoorfarm.co.uk
01751 460285

SteveN

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »
I'm helping install a Avidyne TAS600 in a RV-7 at the moment. That device can be configured without any display as it issues audio traffic warnings e.g.

"{tone} TRAFFIC  2 O'CLOCK HIGH 4 MILES"
"{tone} TRAFFIC  6 O'CLOCK SAME ALTITUDE  LESS THAN 1 MILE"

So If audio only is good enough for a  $10,000 certified system ......

Pi has audio capability and the same output socket as Garmin Aera/496 portables many of which are now connected to aircraft audio via an adaptor.

Just a thought for the future if Lee ever decides to calculates trajectories :)

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2015, 12:08:17 am »
You've probably seen this on the Flyer forum, but one "enhancement" which should be possible fairly easily is to incorporate a "ground" mode, where the ARF is set not to transmit, so the unit can be used for surveillance only.

Wadoadi

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2015, 11:26:59 am »
Hi,
   as an enhancement i would like to suggest that 1 or 2 pins on the GPIO are used to indicate the status of the unit. e.g. pin high once the box is fully booted and another pin high while there is a GPS 3D fix.

the reason for this is that I have build my PilotAware into an enclosure and would like to use these pins to drive status LEDs.

Others may want to remotely mount their devices and the use of 2 pins could provide them with a window into the status of the box.

thanks

Adi   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:33:03 am by Wadoadi »