Author Topic: Enhancement Requests  (Read 237608 times)

Seanhump

Re: Enhancement Requests - Radar Screen
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2018, 10:25:00 pm »
Would it be possible to resize the radar screen in any way …? Ideally by the user.

It's fine in Portrait mode on an Ipad, but cuts the bottom off in landscape mode …. something that can be looked at possibly .?

Cheers
Pilotaware user ...

brinzlee

Re: Enhancement Requests
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2018, 10:10:45 am »
Could I also put in the popular request to enable the onboard bluetooth on the pi3 for audio transmission....I have a separate bluetooth transmitter on the 3.5mm socket at the moment but everytime I go to use it, the battery is flat...!!! Grrr....On board bluetooth would be a very nice upgrade....!!!

Thank you.....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:37:33 am by brinzlee »

neilmurg

« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2019, 11:49:44 am »
Audio
Now that Skydemon will itself announce traffic, and apparently in an intelligent way ie only targets which are heading your way rather than within a threat circle,
- and other things like airspace, runway incursion, obstacle clearance - but not bearingless targets

Could we have a PAw option to only annunciate bearingless, so that PAw and SD aren't both warning about the same thing?

Also:
I am lucky in that due to the 8.33 discount we now have an audio panel with Bluetooth and 3.5mm phono in so I can receive both audio sources, but there are complex implications in having 2 audio sources for warnings. Most panels / aircraft won't have the capability to receive both
- will users forgo the obstacle etc. warnings in favour of bearingless targets?
- will users want 2 sets of warnings for the same aircraft
- can these sources be combined into a single panel/headset input?

riverrock

« Reply #378 on: October 30, 2020, 06:11:39 pm »
Can you provide a version of Rosetta including the USB RS232 output to a transponder, to stretch the CAA rebate further?

Keithvinning

« Reply #379 on: October 30, 2020, 06:38:18 pm »
Sorry no

We do not supply the cables as they are inexpensive and available on Farnell. Perhaps we should.

Regards

Keith

Ian Melville

« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2020, 08:20:38 am »
Difficult one that.
On one hand folks keep buying fake versions or the TTL version. On the other the pukka article comes in different cable length versions.

Ian Melville

« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2021, 08:48:08 pm »
Locking the settings with a password, please.

Is it possible to enable this to stop casual users changing the settings. PAW will be installed in club aircraft and we would rather have them locked down on the correct settings for that aircraft. I know that will also lock some of the preferences, but we can live with that.

We haven't had an issue yet as the kit is still to be installed, I am trying to pre-empt what may be a non-issue ::)

cavok

« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2021, 01:19:24 pm »
I'd like to make a quality of life suggestion regarding the setting of the HEX-ID and Flight-ID. My apologies if it has been suggested and commented on previously.

As you know, at the moment, we have to manually set these when switching between aircraft. I manage this by keeping a note on my phone which lists all the aircraft I fly, their callsign and hex code.

I suggest to add the ability to "save" an aircraft (callsign and hex code), and have a drop down menu to select the aircraft. The display of this could be something like you see below:

We have over 10 aircraft in our group and regularly switch between different ones so this would save a little time and hassle, though I appreciate it adds nothing for those who fly only one aircraft.

grahambaker

« Reply #383 on: August 18, 2021, 02:08:23 pm »
You can do this already by saving a different profile for each aircraft.

Admin

« Reply #384 on: August 18, 2021, 02:32:37 pm »
Bottom of the configure page - click profiles

Thx
Lee

neilmurg

« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2022, 12:34:30 am »
Our PAw is installed with internal Antennae and audio routed to the Audio panel bu wire
We prefer the Skydemon Audio, with fewer warnings + runway and airspace readouts, even though this is via Bluetooth, which is quieter and more problematic.
Can we get SD type audio direct from the PAw?
Can SD give us more PAw info, eg METAR, ATOM station #, QNH + station?

Keithvinning

« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2022, 08:35:18 am »
Hi Neil
Unfortunately, you cannot get the SkyDemon voice alerts from PilotAware.
Sorry.

Regards

Keith

marioair

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 22, 2022, 12:11:37 pm »
please please please can we have either a mobile native app (ios and android) or have a mobile optimised version of the admin pages? specific things that would be useful:

1) quick way of muting and unmuting audio
2) more user friendly radar page

i find the current pages difficult to use on an ipad never mind a smaller screen!

GeoffreyC

« Reply #388 on: August 22, 2022, 12:29:49 pm »
The one peeve I have with pilotaware is repeated traffic alerts for the same aircraft.

When flying near another aircraft where there’s some signal obscuration the EC bounces in and out, pilotaware gives repeated warnings which can get quite frustrating to get repeated audio alerts, e.g. Warning 3km, 20 seconds later, another 3km warning, then another, then another, etc.

I appreciate that PAW needs to pass on traffic warnings, but what I am asking for is some simple “intelligence” as to whether that warning has already been delivered.  E.g. configurable setting to not alert if the traffic has been reported in the last X seconds.  Exception to this would be for bearingless targets that increase in severity e.g. notice->warning->alert, but repeated warnings of the same plane where the signal drops in and out, or where the bearingless target moves away would be suppressed.  Similarly where a bearingless swaps to a GPS-located e.g. through triangulation and then back to a bearingless as the triangulation is lost,  these would only alert the first time (or every X seconds).

Geoffrey

marioair

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 22, 2022, 12:36:01 pm »
The one peeve I have with pilotaware is repeated traffic alerts for the same aircraft.

When flying near another aircraft where there’s some signal obscuration the EC bounces in and out, pilotaware gives repeated warnings which can get quite frustrating to get repeated audio alerts, e.g. Warning 3km, 20 seconds later, another 3km warning, then another, then another, etc.

I appreciate that PAW needs to pass on traffic warnings, but what I am asking for is some simple “intelligence” as to whether that warning has already been delivered.  E.g. configurable setting to not alert if the traffic has been reported in the last X seconds.  Exception to this would be for bearingless targets that increase in severity e.g. notice->warning->alert, but repeated warnings of the same plane where the signal drops in and out, or where the bearingless target moves away would be suppressed.  Similarly where a bearingless swaps to a GPS-located e.g. through triangulation and then back to a bearingless as the triangulation is lost,  these would only alert the first time (or every X seconds).

Geoffrey

Just to make it clear on my request versus the above:

please please please can we have either a mobile native app (ios and android) or have a mobile optimised version of the admin pages? specific things that would be useful:

1) quick way of muting and unmuting audio
2) more user friendly radar page

i find the current pages difficult to use on an ipad never mind a smaller screen!

There's two types of audio mute i'd be intersted in;

1) a global mute/unmute option. when i'm on the ground and until i'm at the threshold i want no audio. i want a quick way at the hold to turn audio back on. it's too fiddly to do this via the webpages right now
2) i agree with @geoffreyC on repeated warnings being annoying. however it would be very hard for the software to determine when to "shut up". one neat feature (but its not possible) is that on the EFB (e.g. SD) or the radar screen you could acknowldge alert once you are visual. it should only the re-alert if any of the following changes (a certain time passes, height reduced by X, distance reduced by Y)