Author Topic: Enhancement Requests  (Read 241602 times)

Admin

Re: Enhancement Requests
« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2016, 12:58:31 pm »
I understand this and I would also like the USB-Stick option discussed above better but as long as this is not realized, I´m searching for alternative approaches...

I have a prototype working which will mount the USB stick and look for a specific file in a specfic location,
This will then appear as one of the install options in the install menu
So I think I can get this in for the next release

so in the root Directory you will place the update file. something like
PilotAware.update.gpg

Thx
Lee

homeuser

« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2016, 09:52:13 pm »
That would be PERFECT!

And I'll also be an early adopter of FLARM - we have heavy glider activity in the north of our airfield and that is basically where I'm usually coming from... It has been a few times that I saw a piece of plastic with short notice... On a decent with 175kts ground it would be great to know where they are, a bit earlier...

Any chance to get Flarm-mouses cheaper by ordering a bigger quantity?

rg

« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2016, 09:36:57 am »
Aircraft profiles saved.  When jumping into different aircraft it would be nice to be able to select the reg from a drop down and have the hex code load up.

brinzlee

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2016, 10:41:49 am »
That would be very handy.....Great idea !!

Ian Melville

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2016, 08:07:26 pm »
Not that we are going to get updates through a USB pen Drive, would it be possible for the log files to be copied to a USB pen drive as well. Otherwise those with a plumbed in system will not have easy access to the logs.

Note: If you can connect you phone/tablet to 3G as well as PAW WiFi, then you can save them to Dropbox. Not perfect but a workaround.

exfirepro

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2016, 10:44:35 pm »
I just take my laptop down to the airfield, log onto my PAW WiFi and download the track logs straight onto the laptop. Works for me.

Regards

Peter

Ian Melville

« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2016, 06:00:20 am »
You could. I take my PAW home, so no need for this download at the field, but I don't own a laptop and I think it's wrong to assume everyone does.

exfirepro

« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:23 am »
Hi Ian,

Yes, I totally agree. A USB 'option' would be good for me too - I just have a bit of a hangup because I used to have PowerFl*rm Core, which relies on a usb stick for configuration and updates. Mine wouldn't read from or write to any of my sticks, yet they kept insisting the problem was with my sticks (what?...all of them...?), not their unit - which I disproved by using my sticks on someone else's unit - so back it went for a refund. With the Fl*rm, there was no way to see what was going on inside except through the USB port. At least with the PAW you can look at the logging and track files - provided you can get them off the Pi of course.

As you say, Lee is looking at updates via USB, so I'm sure he will consider this at the same time.

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2016, 10:05:41 am »
Now that I have the data transfers going from USB->PilotAware.
This is a reasonable extension to the functionality.

I am thinking of maybe a 'Sync ' capability, which will simply synchronize the files on
PilotAware - to the memory stick.

I think at the moment you get folder in the root of your USB containing the update file
/PilotAware/Pilotaware.pgp

So after a 'Sync' operation, I would expect to see something like
/PilotAware/Tracks/2016-03-31_07-20.trk
/PilotAware/Tracks/2016-03-31_10-15.trk

etc

exfirepro

« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2016, 10:39:25 am »
Sounds good to me Lee. So each time you plug in your (dedicated to PAW - keeps it clean!) USB stick, it woud (automatically??) check for updates and also download any .trk files not already on the stick - am I right?

If so this would be great!!

Peter

Admin

« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2016, 10:55:47 am »
Hi Peter,

I was thinking of adding a 'Sync' button possibly on the Tracks page, rather than automatic
- do you think the automatic is better ?

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2016, 11:36:50 am »
Lee,

'Sync' button might be better assuming there would be some indication when sync has completed. Automatic sync leaves the user in doubt as to what is happening and whether the sync is finished yet or not and might result in the stick being pulled out before the sync is completed. Otherwise, I have no particular preference. Which is easier?

Peter

Ian Melville

« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2016, 05:31:36 am »
Thanks Lee,
I think a sync button may be best, as per Peters comments.
Cheers
Ian

tj80

« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2016, 04:37:08 pm »
Sorry if these have been posted already somewhere in the preceding pages - but if not here are some suggestions based on my first flight with PAW:

- Fix the bug which resets the audio volume after reboot!
- Display audio volume setting in the config page - e.g. if there are 10 levels, display the number of the current setting.  At the moment you have to change the volume with the +/- button and guess if you're on max!
- Change distances from KM to NM - it seems strangely unintuitive to be using different units for traffic distance compared to everything else!
- Although this doesn't affect me yet as the aircraft I fly are only Mode-C, if flying multiple aircraft (e.g. club rental) it would be a pain to have to enter the transponder ID each time.  Could we have some presets built into the config page?  We could then pre-configure the transponder code for all the aircraft we commonly fly (e.g. all the club fleet) and just select from a drop down list of registrations - e.g. G-ABCD = 0x123456
- Finally, another vote for Mode C detection which I know is in the works!  :)

Many thanks,
Tim

Pwwuk

« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2017, 03:44:06 am »
Can I also vote for Audio Alerts via Bluetooth