Author Topic: ARF Shield - Digole 5v-3.3v regulator board  (Read 13779 times)

Admin

Re: ARF Shield - Digole 5v-3.3v regulator board
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 09:44:05 pm »
hi Lee
Need to check with you about the regulator?
I've ordered the following: xbee/pro/ciseco XRF breakout board to 0.1" DIP adaptor 3 LED indicator.
Is this correct ?
Best regards
Neil

Hi Neil
the important info is that it is the 3.3v version not the 5v version
here is a link to the correct part with a 3.3v regulator
http://digole.com/index.php?productID=438
a lot of people of the forum have used the Wirelessthings regulator instead, that will also work
Thx
Lee

trapdoor

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 09:55:51 pm »
Really, the easiest solution that requires minimal wiring and messing about is to buy the 'Slice of Pod' from WirelessThings when you buy the ARF.

https://www.wirelessthings.net/slice-of-pod-raspberry-pi-to-i-o-pod-plug-and-play-board

It looks like this.... and the second photo as is when fitted.

I believe a couple of other builders have used it since I posted my original picture - has a 3.3v reg on board and good indication on the board as to which pads to use - you only need to solder 4 wires. It is also cheap at just over £3

The other Pod and the Digole board require glueing into the case - this is just plugged in and can be removed easily.

Only thing required to 'modify' is the removal of the two 'pod' headers which can be 'wiggled' side to side and they will just break off - they are a bit of a bugger to desolder as the board uses plated-through holes.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:58:24 pm by trapdoor »

ianfallon

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 10:22:02 pm »
Yes I followed your lead and used the SOP - see Model B thread for pics / diagram

iang

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 08:16:50 pm »
Following a bit of a wait I now have everything but the 40 way IDC but I seem to recall a post regarding the jumper on the ARF shield board does it need linking or not?

Admin

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 10:47:07 am »
Following a bit of a wait I now have everything but the 40 way IDC but I seem to recall a post regarding the jumper on the ARF shield board does it need linking or not?

The link feeds the 5v supply directly to the PWR pin of the XRF/ARF/XBEE - THIS WOULD BE BAD!

So Please ensure the link is NOT present, I suggest putting a multimeter across the contacts if you are unsure

Thx
Lee