Author Topic: Collision Aware  (Read 4959 times)

PCKnight

Collision Aware
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:19:31 pm »
I must be missing something. I have looked on iTunes store and on the apple apps store and I cannot find the collisionaware app anywhere.
Can someone please give me a hint as to where to go to find it as I would like to use the iPad GPS rather than the gps dongle in the raspberry pi.
Many thanks
Peter

Admin

Re: Collision Aware
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »
Hi Peter,

My iOS developer license expired in January, and hence Apple remove your apps from the store.

Using a GPS dongle is the preferred method, but there is an alternative if you wish to share your iPAD GPS
There is a utility called 'NMEA GPS' on the iTunes store
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nmea-gps/id590868529?mt=8

The settings are as follows
NMEA WIFI SERVER (Enable)
Server Protocol : UDP no broadcast
Server Port: 2001
Target Ip for UDP: 192.168.1.1

If there are any iOS developers who want to take CollisionAware and put it back on the iTunes store, I am quite happy to donate the source.

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:57:55 am by Admin »

PCKnight

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 07:51:39 pm »
Thank you. I was beginning to doubt my ability to navigate around the Apple systems. I was only attracted to using the iPad GPS as I thought it would reduced the power requirements by not having a GPS dongle on the Pi.
However as the system has been running for 6 hours on a battery pack this may not be an issue. I will have a go with the NMEA system just to see how it works.
Peter

NRW-Aviator

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 06:51:37 pm »
GPS NMEA doesn´t work with UDP. It does´ receive any GPS data. With TCP/IP it works, but SkyDemon doesn´t connect

Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 07:33:02 pm »
GPS NMEA doesn´t work with UDP. It does´ receive any GPS data. With TCP/IP it works, but SkyDemon doesn´t connect

Hi
Have you used the exact settings I describe below ?
Although my recommendation is still for a usb/gps

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 10:47:31 pm »
I talked a friend of mine with an iPad through setting up NMEA GPS the other night, given the settings in the instructions. It worked for him using UDP.