Author Topic: Altitude Accuracy  (Read 32833 times)

Russ_H

Re: Altitude Accuracy
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2015, 08:03:43 pm »
Tried that Lee, but it still says "unavailable using manual"

Iv'e triple checked the wiring, think i may have a duff Baro sensor, ordering another to check

Admin

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2015, 08:51:41 am »
Tried that Lee, but it still says "unavailable using manual"

Iv'e triple checked the wiring, think i may have a duff Baro sensor, ordering another to check

Russ,
Which baro have you got, I know there are 2 types, one which takes a 3.3v supply, and one which takes a 5v supply, and OUTPUTS a 3.3v supply
Thx
Lee

Russ_H

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2015, 09:46:11 am »
Lee, it's the 3.3v one, Looking at it this morning I may have blown it with some dodgy soldering,( Injured my shoulder, last week and my soldering skills were bad enough before.)

Luckily evrything else is still working

got one coming on the pi shield from John now, so will be ready for when im back up flying

cheers mate

Admin

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2015, 10:03:32 am »
Lee, it's the 3.3v one, Looking at it this morning I may have blown it with some dodgy soldering,( Injured my shoulder, last week and my soldering skills were bad enough before.)

Luckily evrything else is still working

got one coming on the pi shield from John now, so will be ready for when im back up flying

cheers mate

My soldering skills are still sharp, its my eyesight that is the problem on some of the very small footprints!

Flyguyal

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »
Hi All,

I've fitted the pressure sensor today, how do I know if it's working???

Flyguyal

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2015, 07:44:31 pm »
I've got "Pressure Altitude (BMP) - Enabled (Auto) QNH=1025 QNE-1131ft GNSS=95ft" so I am assuming that's working and I don't need to do anything else? Do we need to add the pertinent QNH issued manually or is this calculated automatically comparing pressure altitude to GNSS?

Admin

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2015, 10:18:04 pm »
I've got "Pressure Altitude (BMP) - Enabled (Auto) QNH=1025 QNE-1131ft GNSS=95ft" so I am assuming that's working and I don't need to do anything else? Do we need to add the pertinent QNH issued manually or is this calculated automatically comparing pressure altitude to GNSS?

Great! Siunds like you have it working.
You only add the manual value when the bmp is not present
Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 12:38:08 am »
I'm using the JCurtis shield with built in barometric sensor. I'm getting:

Pressure Altitude (BMP) - Enabled (Auto) QNH=1013 QNE-0ft GNSS=263ft"

The pressure according to another barometer I have in the room here, at this altitude, was 1012 yesterday and 1009 today. But I'm not getting anything different reading out here. Do I have a duff board? Or do I need to enable something?

Ah, I just read this bit on the previous page:

Try connecting your Nav device to PAW first, then refer back to the web interface.
I think until the BMP device is read (as a request from the NAV device) it does not update the web interface

I don't have a nav data device at the moment (can you persuade the authors of Air Nav Pro on Android to support it?).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:47:10 am by Paul_Sengupta »