British Forum > General Discussion

3rd Party Integrations

<< < (2/4) > >>

dougblair:
Hi Lee,

would 192.168.0.100:2000 by Eth 0 allow monitoring via the web interface on a PC while the Android Sky Demon connection remains via wifi ?
I am presently trying to de bug why the connection to SD android drops out after a while. I am using a known good wifi dongle and the web interface appears to stay up. I am using a usb blox GPS dongle.
 Present efforts are to eliminate the power supply and understand the logging a little better but if it is power then the web interface should drop out...................

Best Regards
Doug

rg:
I had lots of drop outs to SD on Android.  I've now purchased on iOS device (which is something I thought I'd never do) and my connection does not dropout. That at least confirmed it wasn't my PA device that was the problem.  I suspect Android was not allowing the CollisionAwareAndroid app to stay alive. It'd be interested to see what you find.

Admin:

--- Quote from: dougblair on October 12, 2015, 10:50:54 am ---Hi Lee,

would 192.168.0.100:2000 by Eth 0 allow monitoring via the web interface on a PC while the Android Sky Demon connection remains via wifi ?
I am presently trying to de bug why the connection to SD android drops out after a while. I am using a known good wifi dongle and the web interface appears to stay up. I am using a usb blox GPS dongle.
 Present efforts are to eliminate the power supply and understand the logging a little better but if it is power then the web interface should drop out...................

Best Regards
Doug

--- End quote ---

Hi Doug,

The WiFi can be accessed from any device.
The socket 2000, which is used by the Navigation device, currently only supports a single connection.
This may be enhanced in the future to multiple connections.

Thx
Lee

Admin:

--- Quote from: scsirob on October 08, 2015, 01:19:13 pm ---Lee,

Is there any way to get the same connection through Ethernet? Reason I ask is that I use a built-in PC without WiFi in my plane and I'd love to use this with a direct Ethernet connection. I connected to 192.168.1.1 port 2000 on Ethernet and I can see that the RPi responds (ARP has RPi MAC address in it), but no messages appear

--- End quote ---

Hi Rob,
This should work.
I am sure in the past I have connected putty or telnet to this port.
the issue could be the connection is waiting for the connect pin to be provided.
try sending '6000' as ASCII once connected to the socket
Thx
Lee

chrismills:
Can anyone advise on how I get SkyDemon to display callsign of traffic contacts, instead of 6 digit code.
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version