Author Topic: Dosnt work after loading latest version.  (Read 20066 times)

flying_john

Dosnt work after loading latest version.
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:58:29 pm »
I upgraded this morning to 20151205, but when I plugged in the SD and  started a browser session  the log just said that the licence key was invalid.

Aha, I thought, you must have to get a fresh licence key when you  load a new version.

So I applied for a licence key, but its the same as the previous one.

What have I done wrong ?

John

Admin

Re: Dosnt work after loading latest version.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 03:10:16 pm »
Hi John

You have done everything correct, you just need to re-enter the key.
When the disk is reformatted all data is lost.

At the moment we have no implemented a neater upgrade feature, it is basically discard the old installation and install from fresh.

So this means you need to re-enter
1. License Code
2. Hex Code (ICAO)

Please re-post if you are still having trouble.

Thx
Lee

rasputin2068

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:51:28 pm »
Hello Lee

I am having the same issue after loading latest version.
The licence key and hex code have been re-entered, but it still shows licence expired.
Key and code are still showing after a reboot.

regards

Steve

Admin

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:10:45 pm »
If you requested a key based upon the WiFi Dongle, this may cause an issue.
Please request another key based upon your WiFi Hotspot, let me know if this solves the issue.

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 12:08:51 am »
Lee, I thought the license was linked to the LAN MAC addresss?

Mig29fuk

• G-MYUP. White Ox Mead Airstrip. Near Bath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 06:36:03 am »
It was initially. I think it was changed to allow or ensure the WiFi Mac Address was not the predominant identifier.
That would make licensing aligned with Device. I could be be totally wrong......
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

Admin

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 07:12:49 am »
Hi all

The license is (now) linked to the LAN MAC Address.
The reported WiFi hotspot name, uses the LAN MAC Address

Previously the WiFi hotspot name used the WiFi MAC Address
Sorry for any confusion this may have caused

In summary, if you have a license failure - request a license using the WiFi reported name.
This should not fail under normal circumstances

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:32:37 am by Admin »

drvale

• Now 50 hrs with PAW from Scotland to Senegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 05:17:09 pm »
If this is the case can you please update the Software Installation Document as it is saying use the WiFi MAC address.
David Vale, G-OCAD

Admin

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »
If this is the case can you please update the Software Installation Document as it is saying use the WiFi MAC address.

I have taken a look at the document, the only reference I can find is on page 9 where it says
(Licences are now based on the Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet MAC address rather than the Wi-Fi dongle’s MAC address)

Can you point me to where it says
use the WiFi MAC address.

Maybe you are looking at an old document pre version 0.6 ?

Thx
Lee

drvale

• Now 50 hrs with PAW from Scotland to Senegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:04 am »
Lee,

Page 18, Section 8. Vers 0.6
It may be correct but the number displayed on Page 18 suggests it is the WiFi address and not the LAN address.
Page 19 states (Licences are now based on the Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet MAC address rather than the Wi-Fi dongle’s MAC address)
May be a bit confusing for the uninitiated.
David Vale, G-OCAD

ianfallon

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 12:50:15 pm »
Please post corrections / suggestions to the Documentation thread so I have one place to track these and pick them up for the next version of the guide - thanks!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:39:15 pm by Admin »

Admin

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 09:39:10 am »
Is this issue still open ?
I have not seen any further responses

Thx
Lee

flying_john

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 01:19:22 pm »
Mines working now, thankyou.

Winged_Jaguar

TRX-SER Error Message in latest version
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 01:59:33 pm »
There is a strange messages in the start up process towards the end on the 19th Dec build.

Mounting File System READWRITE
Mounting File System READONLY
TRX-SER: ERROR!!! comms buf=' '

Connection works as before to SkyDemon and the ARF is transmitting on 868.3MHz so not quite sure to what this error message refers. Is it relevant?

Also pleased to see that this build also works on PI2 (despite including a ARM/ARM7 warning message in the log). Haven't yet tried the ARF in the Pi2.

Someone earlier reported that the USB GPS Global Sat BU-353S4 worked with PAW. It hasn't worked in the previous build or this Dec one. The device shows up as a 'Prolific' device.

Good new configuration menu. I did note that the TX counter on the Pi2 was increasing despite not actually having the ARF unit fitted.

I have a slightly dodgy USB connection on the RTL unit so it disconnects sometime and consequently the ADS-B detection stops and no further planes are identified. If reconnection is made the RTL unit does not appear to reinitialise and no further planes are detected. Is it meant to restart on reinsertion?

Admin

Re: TRX-SER Error Message in latest version
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 05:27:18 pm »
There is a strange messages in the start up process towards the end on the 19th Dec build.

Mounting File System READWRITE
Mounting File System READONLY
TRX-SER: ERROR!!! comms buf=' '

Probably looks onerous, but actually nothing to worry about, I think I may remove some of these errors, they are more for my debug purposes than anything.
This is simply saying communication failed with the new RF Module - which of course it will, because you do not have one yet ;-)

Also pleased to see that this build also works on PI2 (despite including a ARM/ARM7 warning message in the log). Haven't yet tried the ARF in the Pi2.
Thats good, the Pi2 does seem to be working OK for me too, but the recommendation is still PiB+

Someone earlier reported that the USB GPS Global Sat BU-353S4 worked with PAW. It hasn't worked in the previous build or this Dec one. The device shows up as a 'Prolific' device.
Cannot comment on this, I do not have access to one of these I'm afraid.
U-Blox Dongle, and U-Blox G-Mouse have been proven to work well.

Good new configuration menu. I did note that the TX counter on the Pi2 was increasing despite not actually having the ARF unit fitted.
I need to investigate this at some point, somebody else reported this also - I am surprised having looked through the code, will try to investigate.

I have a slightly dodgy USB connection on the RTL unit so it disconnects sometime and consequently the ADS-B detection stops and no further planes are identified. If reconnection is made the RTL unit does not appear to reinitialise and no further planes are detected. Is it meant to restart on reinsertion?
This is a little more trick to handle to be honest.
There may be a method to improve the handling of this issue, but for now, all I can say is 'do not remove the dongle, or you need a reboot'

Many thanks for the feedback - keep it coming ....

Thx
Lee