Author Topic: Oh dear complete failure today. NOW FIXED  (Read 4316 times)

flying_john

Oh dear complete failure today. NOW FIXED
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:55:16 pm »
A sad day for my PAW. After sorting out all the minor niggles and doing my first test flight a few days ago , I decided to fly again today for a little longer and get used to the PAW. Imagine my dismay when nothing appeared to work, no re-assuring red glow from the Wi-Fi, no Green light from the TV dongle, nothing.

Have bought it all home and all I get is the red Pi led illuminating, and a double green flash as it reads the SD card. But thats it no Wi-Fi nada.

Any Pi experts who can give me some clues as to what to try next.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:42:36 pm by flying_john »

Admin

Re: Oh dear complete failure today.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:06:35 pm »
Hi John

Do you have an hdmi monitor ?
If so connect it up, sounds like a hardware failure.

What were you using as a power source ?

Thx
Lee

flying_john

Re: Oh dear complete failure today.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:59:41 pm »
I plugged it into the Tv (HDMI) to see what was occurring during the boot and nothing was mounting and the Kernal was in PANIC.

So I have re-formatted the SD and reloaded the latest version , got a new key and it seems to be back up and running.

So something had caused the corruption  or otherwise of the SD and caused it to stop working. I havent flown with it as the Wx is carp, but it appears to be working o.k again.

The PSU in use is a fitted 12v to 2 USB outlets  with a 2.1 and 3.5amp output USB socket. Its been in use in the aircraft for over a year with no issues and powers the Ipad and a Dynon D1, but when the PAW is in the Dynon connection is used for the PAW.

John

flying_john

Re: Oh dear complete failure today. NOW FIXED
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 05:22:40 pm »
I was able to fly today and the PAW seemed to work well and I am able to see my flight on FR24 etc.

One thing that caused me to restart everything however was that on the RunwayHD screen at one point all of the other aircraft contacts started to blink on and off. So instead of being a simple arrow and a height moving across the screen, every second (or thereabouts) all of the contacts would simultaneously dissappear and then come back on the screen.

Whether this is a RunwayHD issue and how they deal with Flarm input nmea sentences or whether it was an NMEA message from the PAW that said to the RunwayHD blink all contacts , I dont know.

John

Admin

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »
I was able to fly today and the PAW seemed to work well and I am able to see my flight on FR24 etc.

One thing that caused me to restart everything however was that on the RunwayHD screen at one point all of the other aircraft contacts started to blink on and off. So instead of being a simple arrow and a height moving across the screen, every second (or thereabouts) all of the contacts would simultaneously dissappear and then come back on the screen.

Whether this is a RunwayHD issue and how they deal with Flarm input nmea sentences or whether it was an NMEA message from the PAW that said to the RunwayHD blink all contacts , I dont know.

John

Hi John,
Can you please report this to Tim at AirboxAero.
This is very unlikely to be PAW, I cannot control the graphics in any way whatsoever.

Also, are you using PAW to feed your Transponder with the NMEA sentences ?

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:04:58 pm by Admin »

flying_john

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:09:08 pm »
O.k will send a report.
Yes I am feeding data to the transponder and am able to look at the flight on FR24 on my return using the timed replay mode.

John