Author Topic: No ADSB traffic reported on Logging  (Read 10234 times)

Ubi

Re: No ADSB traffic reported on Logging
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 11:57:39 am »
Hello,

since the current position is essential for PAW working correctly, have a look at this posting:

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,118.msg1703.html#msg1703

I successfully run following setup for testing PAW connected to EasyVFR at home:
- my PC is connected to PAW W-LAN with a W-LAN USB-stick
- additionally it's connect via LAN to the internet to compare PAW and FlightRadar (not needed, but nice to have)
- EasySim runs on the PC and is bound to PAW's IP-address using UDP port 2001
- EasySim's initial position is set to my current location

With this you don't need a GPS attached to PAW. The NMEA sentences from EasySim are routed over PAW to your navigation software and so you get a valid position.
This setup should be fine for other nav software as well.

Happy Landings
Ubi Sumus
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:32:22 pm by Ubi »

flying_john

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 02:40:28 pm »
Techy Mode ON
ok, you can connect PAW to your wired network, the Fixed IP address is 192.168.0.100, the subnet mask on your router must be setup to pass traffic, so would need to be 255.255.255.0

l

Hmmm - router on my network doesn't even see the PAW when connected  via RJ45, thats a shame.

Please to say though that it all seemed to work on the aircraft  ipad running RunwayHD this morning,including the passthrough of the GPS data, lots of commercial stuff, no GA, but the wx is awfull. Going to try a flight to N.Weald tomorow to see how it works in the air. Does anyone know if you can configure the colour of the traffic arrows on R.WayHD?

flying_john

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »
Thanks Ubi - I posted before I read your post.

I have run up your Simulator, and set it to send GPS via 192.168.0.100 port 2001 UDP, but it seems the PAW will not connect to my home network via the RJ45 connector even with home network set 192.168.0.1 (router) and subnet 255.255.255.0. It just doesnt show up in connected devices, so I guess will never see my PC running Easysim.

Any suggestions to make my PAW visible on home network?

John

Richard

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:54 pm »

It would be a nice step for an A/G or Fiso tower to be able to see ADSB and Pi3 traffic.

John

To run PAW on your PC as a ground station, see the thread http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,115.0.html
Richard.
Europa XS

flying_john

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 03:41:14 pm »
Aha - all sorted now,  hardware issue with RJ45, all resolved and providing you have a program on PC to make use of the NMEA data you can plot it all.##

Now I wonder if you can send NMEA  info into Google maps ???