Author Topic: How many users?  (Read 5524 times)

tj80

How many users?
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:32:45 pm »
Hi,

Do we have a rough idea how many people are actively using PilotAware today?  It would be interesting to see what proportion of traffic we can expect to pick up.  I'm expecting it to be pretty much limited to ADS-B in the short term but since "critical mass" adoption is key to usefulness it would be interesting to know how many P3I devices are out there.

Thanks,
Tim

Admin

Re: How many users?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »
The number of users at the moment is only limited by the ability to manufacture units.
Many people are (understandably) reluctant to build their own, and would prefer to purchase

I am trying hard to resolve this situation

Thx
Lee

peteridms

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:52:24 pm »
Just ordered all the bits to start building one..... can I suggest ( as I cant find one)   a hardware list inc parts No.s,  and supplier
I have tracked most down on Ebay, and the ARF from wireless things.   I read somewhere on the forum yesterday about issues with the XBee boards,  but cannot find today...

I know Paul Eastlake from Hunsdon is building a unit, and hope to get together soon and chat...
without flight   the world would seem flat !!

BobD

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:56:57 pm »
Just ordered all the bits to start building one..... can I suggest ( as I cant find one)   a hardware list inc parts No.s,  and supplier
I have tracked most down on Ebay, and the ARF from wireless things.   I read somewhere on the forum yesterday about issues with the XBee boards,  but cannot find today...

I know Paul Eastlake from Hunsdon is building a unit, and hope to get together soon and chat...

Hi,

Here is a link to my post about an alternative to the Xbee Boards:

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,27.msg342.html#msg342

and here is a basic parts list:

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,18.msg364.html#msg364

Steve6443

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 10:24:07 am »
I've decided to try and build three or four units so have ordered some of the parts - one complete unit for myself, which I'll do using the old soldering iron, the others I will wait to see whether the "plug and play" system is available and then order those bits. I will propose the units be fitted to the club machines and see what happens.....

peteridms

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:25:28 pm »
Rasberry Pi B+ arrived today.......

email from wirelessthings......AFR in the post !! :D
without flight   the world would seem flat !!