British Forum > Technical Support

FX traffic filters not working as advertised?

(1/2) > >>

russp:
The instructions for advance settings in the FX state “ Horizontal and Vertical Filters apply only to the RS232 output port destined for Glass cockpits without the ability to filter aircraft heights. FX will do it for them based on your input.”

However, when activated, they stop the output via Wi-Fi to SkyDemon as well. This is very obvious on test and repeatable.

This would not seem to be desirable behaviour filtering the WiFi output to SD but I would like the ability to a filter on the RS232 output ports to the glass cockpit.

Admin:
Thanks Russ, we will take a look at that shortly, luckily it is now very easy for us to push a fix.

thx
Lee

Admin:
Hi Russ

Actually, I think this is a documentation error (and Web menu error)
I am pretty sure this is the same behavior for Rosetta - and this all comes from the same code base.

I think you were a user of Rosetta too, do you think this was different on the Rosetta ?

thx
Lee

russp:
Hi Lee
To be honest I do remember trying to ascertain how the filters in the rosetta worked on the various outputs (usb/wifi/PAW radar) and I think I may even have asked the question here but I never really arrived at a satisfactory answer. I should try repeating todays test with the Rosetta - with the igrid attached and SD zoomed out it's very obvious how it behaves*. Up to now I have just left the Rosetta** at the largest I'd ever want and then controlled display with filters present in SD and the Dynon. This only really became an issue when I tried to load igrid as it seems to overload the feed to the Dynon Skyview which then produces errors and I could have traffic on the dynon .. or igrid but not both. I tried a lot of solutions replacing all the connectors and playing with baud rates but none ever worked as a permanent solution other than no igrid. I didn't try filtering as I had no real idea how that would affect the SD display which I use zoomed out and for keeping track of flying buddies. Was hoping that somehow the FX wouldn't create the same issues and finding an option to just filter the RS232 feed seemed like the answer to my issues. 

*With igrid attached the traffic shown by SD seems to cover about the same 60km radius that the PAW radar screen displays even with PAW set to unlimited. Does PAW discard traffic beyond a certain distance away regardless?

**It's actually a classic with an upgraded board to provide Rosetta functionality   

Admin:
Thanks russ
Need to have a think on this

The amount of data sent over the uart is reduced to fit the baud rate in use, and I test this with a harness on the bench at different rates

Thx
Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version