British Forum > Technical Support

FX input and output capability

(1/1)

JimC:
I have an application where the FX seems like just the job but I need a clarification on the data capability before splashing the cash.
The proposed set up consists of a classic Flarm, a Samsung tablet running Skydemon and a Trig transponder. I believe that the FX satnav receiver is much more up to date than the one in the old Flarm so I'd like that to be the prime positioning data. My assumption is that my Flarm data comes into the FX, is merged with the FX data from multiple sources and then wifi'd to the tablet. Is that the case?
My second question is can the data output port on the FX be configured independently to output satnav data generated by the FX, not the Flarm, which can then be connected to the transponder?

Jim

Admin:
>> My assumption is that my Flarm data comes into the FX, is merged with the FX data from multiple sources and then wifi'd to the tablet. Is that the case?

That is correct.

>> My second question is can the data output port on the FX be configured independently to output satnav data generated by the FX, not the Flarm, which can then be connected to the transponder?

Unfortunately not, the GPS data is either INTERNAL(FX GPS Receiver) or EXTERNAL (FLARM GPS Receiver)
The reason for this is due to the number of internal UART's we can connect to the INTERNAL GPS OR the EXTERNAL FLARM unit.
If we connect to the internal GPS, then we cannot listen to the traffic being provided by the FLARM unit.

You will get the EiFi, and you can connect the output UART to the transponder - the source will be the FLARM unit though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version