British Forum > Technical Support

Vector analysis keeps getting better and more detailed?

(1/1)

Hitch:
Every year I measure to check improvement or degradation over a period of time. Normally this has been in respect of antenna position. I’m really happy with the results for my aircraft as you can see.

In the Pilotaware Vector training information and video the more recent enhancement of the ability to see RX Direction (Bases or Rosetta) potentially enables further fine tuning to be made. Though again, I think I’m doing well on that point too.

Using the Vector analysis tool I can breakdown the reception of signals. Several aircraft at our airfield rely on Fanet + and one SkySafe cellular. Clearly I receive data from the Fanet + via an uplift from the data captured by the airfield’s Atom Station and relayed through P3i. And in the case of the SkySafe cellular through the cloud and relayed by the Atom Station or direct via the cellular network using my phone and the Pilotaware WiFi module dongle.

My question is. Is it possible to breakout these derived inputs in the same way you isolate CAP 1391 and PAW inputs and thence display on the Vector analysis?

CliveJ:
This is a good question, similar to mine which was being able to see live where the traffic was coming from. When looking at the traffic page when flying we are presented with a big list of the traffic and their respective distances etc. To analyse where that traffic is coming from, PAW antenna, 1090, ATOM, iGrid, it would be great to have an additional column with the 'source' listed. My recent efforts to find the performance of my newly located antenna was made difficult as I didn't know where a particular contact was derived, so I didn't know what was actually picking the traffic up. I ended up with everything but the 1090 disconnected, disabled so I could see how that was performing, the column I'm suggesting would mean it was easy to see that information live at any time.
Maybe not possible........
Regards, Clive

PaulSS:
For Clive, it has a column with the source (Mode). All detailed in the manual:

https://www.pilotaware.com/knowledgebase/traffic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version