British Forum > Technical Support

Rosetta Slow GPS and Odd Radar Screen Info on Start Up

(1/1)

Sean McDonald:
Evening all,

My Rosetta has been very slow to acquire full GPS on the last couple of start ups on Jan 30 and Feb 1. Was probably the same on Jan 7 but can't remember. Main nav tablet has a banner saying 'GPS Signal Lost', phone used as Radar Screen has orange tab for GPS but displays some very odd information which has been identical on both occasions. Link to photo of screen below. (Would post photo directly but not able to make small enough somehow)

Any ideas?!

https://i.imgur.com/vkJJgIq.jpg?2

Sean McDonald:
Trying to show photo

Admin:
Hi Sean
Not seen that before, was there a gps lock at the time you got that strange radar view ?
Which gps do you have, is it the old classic one ?
Thx
Lee

Sean McDonald:
Hi Lee,
Not sure of which GPS it is but it is installed with a good view of the sky. I never thought to look at the home page tabs to see what they were showing but I assume what is shown on the nav screen would replicate home page tabs?

I'll check the GPS lock next time I start up and see what I can report. Below a fuller picture from a video albeit a bit furry. GPS Signal Lost banner showing on tablet, and GPS tab amber on telephone used as radar screen.

Sean McDonald:
Flew this afternoon and no repetition of the above. GPS locked and stable. Will keep monitoring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version