British Forum > Technical Support

Current Fault Indications.....what do they mean please?

(1/4) > >>

CliveJ:
Not much going on on the forums, does that mean all is well with everyone?

Being a bit lazy here as lots of stuff to do so not trawled through to find the answers myself. Thought the enlightened can probably answer quickly.

Flying the other day it was very quiet so not many aircraft to fly near to see how the PAW classic (new Rasp Pi upgrade) external antennas and 4G dongle (external antennas) was really performing.

I had some indications that suggested not all was well when i was looking at the different PAW pages using a browser:

1/
1090 unavailable 183856 (+0), Home page

2/
the TXP box that is usually Green was often red, radar screen

Screenshots below

Thanks Clive

steveu:
1090 unavailable 183856 (+0), is the SDR/USB cable fully seated in the USB slot? Is that USB slot configured correctly? Is the antenna cable connected?

Admin:
Hi All

You said 4g dongle, do you really mean 4g dongle, or a wifi dongle connected to a cellular hotspot ?

I would have said a power issue, but that does not appear to be reported
The track file for the flight may give more information

Thx
Lee

CliveJ:
Thanks for the replies. Didn't appear to be any problem with the power, though I'm not sure how that would manifest itself. Isn't the wifi link the first thing to drop when the power is too low?

I'm going to have a look at the antenna connection/cable etc today.

I've got a 4G cellular dongle plugged into the Classic on a USB. The Dongle has an external pad antenna connected by two cables.
It's signal to start with was really consistent but it seems to be dropping out a bit lately. Works better across the channel than here.

It would be really good to see where the traffic is coming from?......maybe an extra column on the Traffic Page showing where each contact is coming from?

Currently I can have a screen full and I don't know what's working and what isn't, what's coming from where.
Antenna, ground station, Atom, iGrid.....

thanks guys, Regards, Clive 

PaulSS:
There's been a fair bit of advice on 4G dongles and not to power them from the PAW USBs. You need to plug the 4G dongle into a different power source.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version