Author Topic: Power socket on Rosetta  (Read 1137 times)

Chrisboz

Power socket on Rosetta
« on: November 17, 2023, 03:08:04 pm »
Hi,
Couldn’t get my power lead to work today, works ok if I hold it in place but then as soon as let go to natural plug in position of lead it loses power, tried another lead same thing so does anyone know if there’s a fix for this or is the whole unit u/s,
Any help appreciated
Chris

steveu

Re: Power socket on Rosetta
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 05:49:05 pm »
Hi,
Couldn’t get my power lead to work today, works ok if I hold it in place but then as soon as let go to natural plug in position of lead it loses power, tried another lead same thing so does anyone know if there’s a fix for this or is the whole unit u/s,

The are fixes for this but they are for the technically gifted, they involve soldering to fix the damaged micro USB if it's that or injecting the +5V via another part of the device.

I'd pick up the phone or email PAW support if I were you...

Chrisboz

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 07:55:19 pm »
Don’t think I’ll go down the fiddly route of solder etc

I take it if I replace the raspberry unit, it’s just modular inside the case and fairly easy to take apart and plug back together,
I’ve read other answers to contact support to update the MAC address for new unit?

JCurtis

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 11:59:51 am »
The USB sockets on the Pi's can be changed, but you need a hot air re-work station.  I've replaced quite a few when Pi's were in short supply.

Sometimes, the solder joints break, so it only needs a slight touch-up with a fine-tipped iron; other times, the sockets do need replacing.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.