Author Topic: Sold aircraft (with PAW). Do I need to notify Pilot Aware?  (Read 1717 times)

RichJordan

Sold aircraft (with PAW). Do I need to notify Pilot Aware?
« on: October 15, 2023, 08:51:03 am »
Morning,

Sold my aircraft about 5 months ago, including a PAW Rosetta. Just had a text from the buyer asking me to message PAW and let them know.

Do I need to notify Pilot Aware? Feels like the new owner can just log onto the PAW and do the licence stuff etc. Other than license reminders, can’t think that Pilot Aware even have a requirement to know who the owner is?

Thanks.

steveu

Re: Sold aircraft (with PAW). Do I need to notify Pilot Aware?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 03:39:18 pm »
Why not just do it? There may be issues with the owner database, and theft is harder this way...

exfirepro

Re: Sold aircraft (with PAW). Do I need to notify Pilot Aware?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 11:10:20 pm »
Hi Rich,

While the new owner can 'adopt' the PilotAware, it helps greatly if they can provide the name/email address of the unit's previous owner in order to facilitate transfer of any unexpired licence period remaining on the unit. Perhaps more significantly in your case, this also allows PilotAware to remove the previous owner from the database for that unit, ensuring that they won't be sent renewal emails for a unit which they no longer own or have any control over.

In practice, it just makes the whole process much simpler and more straightforward.

Best Regards

Peter