Author Topic: WIFI / unit offline  (Read 1120 times)

GAVSI

WIFI / unit offline
« on: October 04, 2023, 09:35:11 am »
We have a PaW Rosetta hardwired into our aircraft, been fine for a few years. After the annual, there were some issues with nav lights blowing a fuse and now have LED replacemens, the PaW does not show any wifi network. There is a hardwired USB power pack that was fitted by the engineering team next to the PaW unit, which shows a light and charges other devices.
I have tried another USB lead from the power unit to the PaW but no joy.
Any advice before we return the unit?

steveu

Re: WIFI / unit offline
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 08:57:43 am »
Can you see any lights either on (red/green) or flickering inside the PAW?

GAVSI

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 09:47:56 am »
Can't see any lights inside and tried a couple of different leads then charged a phone from the same power source no problem.
Guess it's an issue with the unit.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 03:52:06 pm »
Hi GAVSI,

There should be a solid red light visible (but not particularly clearly) through the slots next to the 869.5MHz P3i antenna to indicate that power is present on the board, with a green light adjacent flashing intermittently as the unit boots up. If no red light present, you have some form of power supply issue. Also worth checking  that the micro SD card is fully seated in its slot (between the two antenna connectors) before powering up the unit (carefully slide it out and gently push it back in again).

If power is present, can you attach a monitor or TV screen to the HDMI output of the PAW? That would let you monitor whether the unit is running through the boot sequence properly. Look out for any error messages on the text lists. It should eventually reach a ‘login’ prompt (though you don’t actually log in).

Let us know how you get on and we can advise further.

Best Regards

Peter

GAVSI

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 05:26:55 pm »
Hi Peter, I took the unit out of the a/c, reformatted the SD card, installed the latest software and out the card back in. All working on my desk now, will put back in A/C on Saturday, but am sure it was an issue with the SD card. Thanks for your help
Chris