Author Topic: Vector doesn't seem to refresh when menu items changed  (Read 1167 times)

DavidIOW

Vector doesn't seem to refresh when menu items changed
« on: August 31, 2023, 11:22:08 am »
I have used Vector many times and it is a really great tool.

However, using it recently, it seems to not always 'refresh' when I have selected different menu options. eg Sometimes a change in the Vector diagram occurs just with a simple menu selection change (eg changing from 'All' to 'ADS-B'), sometimes nothing happens with a menu change until you press the 'Go' button on the right (which is what I would expect to be the correct behaviour), and sometimes even when you've changed some menu options and then try to click 'Go', it as if the 'Go' button is not activated so nothing happens. Sometimes also the little block of text that shows info about the aircraft being analysed changes to show my aircraft details, with my Hex ID as entered in the box on the LH side, but sometimes it continues to show what appears to be the 'default' aircraft (403BAE), yet it shows flight dates that correspond with my aircraft. As a result I really can't be sure whether what is being displayed in the diagram, actually reflects my chosen menu selections or some 'hybrid' of the default aircraft and other menu options I had previously made! I attach a typical picture. I am using a Mac with Safari browser, but have seen this same behaviour with my i-phone. Any thoughts on how to get this to work well? I am trying to determine how well my PAW and Trig ADS-B out are working.

Many thanks for the great support offered via this forum!

Mike Mold

Re: Vector doesn't seem to refresh when menu items changed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 09:46:27 am »
My experience too. And Groundstations Playback no longer recognises my ICAO hex code.

grahambaker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 12:03:27 pm »
It’s my consistent experience that the ‘Go’ button does nothing if the flight dates are visible. Once they are collapsed, data can be refreshed with ‘Go’.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 04:55:36 pm by grahambaker »

DavidIOW

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 04:43:22 pm »
Graham. Yes your approach of collapsing the dates seems to work! Bit bizarre but thanks for the tip - it works for me!