Author Topic: “New Updates Available” message not clearing  (Read 1319 times)

Martino

“New Updates Available” message not clearing
« on: August 05, 2023, 12:00:09 pm »
Hi there;

I use an iPhone 8 in the cockpit with PAW Virtual Radar displayed

It continuously shows the message “New Updates Are Available” across the radar display even though I have updated PAW using the firmware updater App

(It is a Rosetta)

Is there something else I need to update?

Thanks and regards

Admin

Re: “New Updates Available” message not clearing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 11:35:48 am »
Are you on the beta program ?
I suspect you are being prompted to install a beta release

If you are on igrid, this will have downloaded in the background
Can you check in the web pages if a download is awaiting install

Martino

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 10:13:33 pm »
Thank you for this

Checked the updates page via the PAW IP and sure enough there was reference to a beta update available to download. Didn’t realise I was subscribed to the beta programme but do have iGrid, but all good now I know what to do

Have successfully downloaded that beta via that page and will see how it behaves next time I fly, but suspect that may have sorted it, so thank you for the prompt and expert help as always

Kind regards

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 12:13:56 pm »
Hi Martino,

I saw your message earlier, but was out in India at the time - and saw that Lee had already replied.

As this is a relatively new development, it has presumably not made its way through to the instruction manuals yet.

Standard functionality with the latest PAW software and iGRID installed, is for PAW to automatically check for updates in the background via iGRID, whenever iGRID is operating. If new software is found, this is then automatically uploaded to the PAW via iGRID and its presence announced on the PAW Updates screen (which is not immediately visible) and on the default PAW RADAR screen (as you found).

The standard procedure after noticing the 'New Updates Available' message should be to swap to the 'Updates' screen at the first available opportunity (once back on the ground) and initiate the installation of the already uploaded software from there. The 'New Updates Available' message will then disappear from the RADAR screen.

The procedure is the same for all PAWs (Classic or Rosetta) provided iGRID has been installed and is active.

Hope this helps clarify the position.

Best Regards

Peter

Martino

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 08:54:46 pm »
Hi Peter;

Only just saw this reply but it is very helpful so belated thank you

Martin