Author Topic: PilotAware seems to not be transmitting  (Read 1300 times)

Mach2

PilotAware seems to not be transmitting
« on: January 11, 2024, 12:33:06 pm »
Vector seems to show that for my last 2 flights my PilotAware was not transmitting.  Recently completed the Annual but Rosetta and power supplies not disturbed.  I have checked the cabling to the external antenna and the plugs without undoing.  Screenshots taken yesterday attached.  Reception and trafffic displays and callouts normal.

Any advice on the fault finding sequence I should follow please?

John  RV-8 G-RUVE

steveu

Re: PilotAware seems to not be transmitting
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 01:05:28 pm »
Did you check for the right protocol on Vector? It seem like you flew one day in December as there is a day's worth of ADS-B trace, but no PAW for the same day.

Double check on the config page that the ICAO code is correct.

If it is, then download the tracklog for those two flights from the PAW. This will prove reception.

You can analyse these on Playback and check that you've got the right times for the Vector scan.

Then check the same time periods for your ICAO code in Playback using the ground stations option.

If the ICAO code is incorrect, check the incorrect ICAO code for function in Vector.

Some have reported that ICAO code has changed after updates. I have only seen this once.

Mach2

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 12:32:53 pm »
Brilliantly helpful Steve - it saved me taking the panel apart.  Logged on to the device and found that the ICAO code had changed to something completely different so I reset it and expect it to show up on Vector next trip. 

I have not accessed this page since the last software update so it is possible it has been like this since then.  My system is integrated with PowerFLARM and ADS-B using Rosetta as a hub to pass data to SD on ipad.  Tracks have been displayed to me as normal and I guess that with the wrong ICAO code I have been displaying to others but with the wrong ID.  Our local ground station displays my aircraft but that is probably from my ADS-B(out) signal.  Thanks again... John

steveu

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 01:45:09 pm »
I guess that with the wrong ICAO code I have been displaying to others but with the wrong ID. 

Yes, so you would have been safe, but just wrongly identified...