Author Topic: Status Volt error  (Read 1415 times)

DY691

Status Volt error
« on: May 10, 2023, 10:44:19 am »
Hello
I have a small problem with my Rosetta, it is mounted in my plane and when I go on the status page the voltage appears red with volt error indicated.
The information appears on the Dynon HDX screen connected in rs232 as well as on the air Crew connected in wifi.
I plugged in a friend's Rosetta instead of mine and the status is green.
I used the same power supply from my aeroplane 12v cigarette lighter Anker the same cables, the same phenomenon occurs with a battery power supply as well as on a usb plug in my car ...
I have opened the Rosetta cover to see if the power plug is in place and it seems to be ok.
Maybe it's from the motherboard?
If you have any idea?
Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Admin

Re: Status Volt error
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 01:46:18 pm »
I notice the second screenshot does not have iGRID enabled or working.

can you please describe

1. All devices plugged into USB slots on your PAW

2. USB Power supply in use (web link if possible), also how many devices plugged into your USB power supply

3. USB power cable in use (juicybitz is supplied)

thx
Lee

DY691

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 07:53:11 pm »
Tanks foryour message I try to make some picture With the 2 Rosetta tomorow

DY691

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 01:26:12 pm »
Hello

On my Rosetta
port 1 wifi key
Port 2 rs232 usb cable to the Dynon HDX
Port 3 GPS
Port 4 nano2
Power supply juicebitz cable 1.8 m

On my friend's Rosetta

Port 1 GPS
Port 2 empty
Port 3 wifi key
Port 4 nano 2

Power supply same juicebitz cable 1.8m

The tests are done with the same PNY battery power supply see the picture

The result is identical with the 2 Rosettas in my machine volt error on my Rosetta ...erratically from time to time I do not have the volt error alarm on my Rosetta but even when the error is present I receive the traffic identically.

The only difference is the presence on my set of the Rs 232 cable .but even when I remove the usb rs 232 cable the volt error alarm still occurs even after a reboot of the Rosetta....

DY691

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 01:38:01 pm »
Photos reosetta

JCurtis

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 05:32:21 pm »
Pop the case open and look at the mini-USB connector on the Pi (The Power In connector), especially the solder joints on the connector.  With the cable in but unpowered, gently raise and lower it a few mm. There should be no movement on the pins on the main PCB.

The socket isn't that robust, and the solder joints can crack, leading to oddities.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

DY691

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 10:54:44 am »
Thanks for the advice
I've checked the motherboard but I didn't see anything obvious...
Is there an email for pilotaware service?

A_Vinning33

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 11:49:41 am »
Hi,

The support email for PilotAware is support@pilotaware.com.

With the exception of the low volt flag, do you notice any issues with the device?

Kind Regards,

Ashley

DY691

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 12:22:29 pm »
Thanks for the address
I haven't noticed anything else, everything is working normally, just a few restarts of the Rosetta in the air, probably due to the voltage problems.
I will contact you by email at support
Guy