Author Topic: Different aircraft profiles / license expiry  (Read 1217 times)

neilmurg

Different aircraft profiles / license expiry
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:08:39 am »
Is it possible that different aircraft profiles (on the configuration page) can contain old versions of the software key?
I loaded a saved profile and the software subsequently reported 'license expired' but it should be valid for another month.
I hope to re visit the aircraft this afternoon to check
neilmurg
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 11:18:35 am by neilmurg »

exfirepro

Re: Different aircraft profiles / license expiry
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 02:04:25 pm »
Hi Neil,

The 'Profiles' were only developed to make it easier for users of multiple aircraft to quickly swap their PAW between planes - reducing the risk that the unit would be left transmitting the wrong ICAO HexID for the aircraft it is being used in. I can't remember off the top of my head which other areas are profile specific, but the licence is for the PilotAware as a unit - irrespective of which aircraft you are using it in, so I would be surprised if that was held in any individual aircraft profile. If that's what has happened, that sounds like a bug to me.

Please let us know what you find when you check it out.

Best Regards

Peter

neilmurg

Re: Different aircraft profiles / license expiry - FIXED
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 03:05:50 pm »
Update: issue fixed by re-input of current code, analysis continuing.

Will do. Thanks Peter.
If i could I would update the license early rather than wait until 2 weeks before expiring.

Otherwise the unit is working great. Very useful for the glider sites round us, and catches a lot of people who haven't taken ADSB yet
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 03:15:02 pm by neilmurg »

Seanhump

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 04:13:35 pm »
The license key IS held in each profile - I mailed Lee (I think) about this a while ago...

I spotted the same thing when changing profiles after updating the yearly license - trouble is I have over 30 profiles and each one needs updating with the new key when its first used again ...

I think the router settings are stored in the profile too
Pilotaware user ...

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 05:32:50 pm »
Thanks for that Sean,

...and thanks for the update Neil,

My old brain is struggling a bit these days trying to remember all these details, especially as my main PAW rarely leaves my own aircraft (single not plural) - (though my 'spare' PAW - used for development testing - moves around quite a bit). It is possible to opt for a 5-year licence when purchasing a new Rosetta - with or without Installation Kit (initiated to help maximise the 50% / £250 rebate under the CAA rebate scheme), though I'm not sure if that option is available through the licence renewal portal. If you are interested it would be worth dropping an email to Support support@pilotaware.com to ask. The upside, Sean, would of course be only having to update your (30+) profiles every 5 years  - or as your aircraft stable varies, but the downside is that by the end of 5-years you will probably have completely lost track of what ones you have updated and when!  8)

Best Regards as Always

Peter