Author Topic: Only PAW showing on vector  (Read 1393 times)

cheeky172

Only PAW showing on vector
« on: March 24, 2023, 05:51:10 pm »
Hi All,
Just done a check on vector for my aircraft and only the PAW is showing, nothing reported for any other mode.
I have the classic version connected via the correct cable to my Trig TT31 transponder for ADSB out.
I wonder if the avionics engineer at the recent annual has reset the transponder, although when not recieving a gps signal the transponder reports it, and this it has not done.
Are there any checks I can do to troubleshoot.
I can provide the hex code if this will assist.
cheers

exfirepro

Re: Only PAW showing on vector
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 05:25:33 pm »
Hi cheeky172,

Remember that Vector only reports what your aircraft is actually transmitting, and doesn’t currently report raw Mode-S due to the massive amount of data processing required to do this.

You say that PAW Reports are showing on Vector for your Hex ID, so that Hex ID must be correctly installed in your PAW, but you need to check that the same Hex ID is set in your transponder.

If you let me have the hex ID, I can check the PAW database and see exactly what has been received and from when. (PM it to me if you don’t want to post it).

Next, check that the transponder is actually receiving the correct GPS data from your PAW. With my TT21, I can do this by pressing the Fn button on the control head twice after powering up both units. The control head then displays the position latitude and longitude it is getting from PAW. (You may need to check your manual to see how to do this on your TT31).

If it is NOT displaying it’s position, the most likely reasons are that either you have the wrong settings in your transponder - which needs to be set to receive NMEA 0183 at a minimum 9,600 baud or you have the wrong settings in your PAW - it should be set to ‘Transponder TRIG’ at the same Baud rate as the transponder - or you may have the wrong PAW USB port configured.

The USB Ports are numbered with the Ethernet port on the left side.

1    3
2    4     

Let us know how you get on and we can take it from there.

Best Regards

Peter
p.s. I’m out in India at the moment so it might take me a couple of days to get back to you. Home sometime Tuesday.