Author Topic: Vector Diagram, what's the RX direction telling me  (Read 1529 times)

CliveJ

Vector Diagram, what's the RX direction telling me
« on: March 22, 2023, 01:17:33 pm »
Maybe I'm being a bit dim.

I've not been to the vector facility for a while and there is now an option for RX Direction: with the option of Rosetta or Base Station.
Or maybe it's always been there. I can't see anything explaining what this option does.....

Can someone explain? Ready to kick myself if I've missed the obvious, maybe it should be in the notes on the page.

Also remind me what a CAP1391 device is?, I did know but I can't be a**** to scroll through to find out.

Thanks, Clive

Admin

Re: Vector Diagram, what's the RX direction telling me
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 01:50:20 pm »
The Base Station is showing how well your aircraft is seen from the ground

The RX says, how well you are seen from other aircraft, this can only be measured from users with PAW + iGRID
The caveat here is that for an A/C Receive there are 2 RF devices to consider
- Quality of your installation
- Quality of their installation

so you could have the best installation in the world, and this would be shown from a ground view perspective
But for any captured data by another airborne receiver that would depend upon the quality of their installation, for instance, thrown in the luggage compartment - not great, external antenna with ground plane - much better

CliveJ

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 08:01:11 am »
Thanks for that excellent explanation.

Makes sense and I understand you point about 2 installations involved, perhaps this could be explained on the Webpage notes for others to benefit?

And CAP1391?

many thanks Clive

Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 08:41:29 am »
CAP1391 is the UK transceiver device, currently only device on the market is skyecho
Thx
Lee

CliveJ

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 04:10:08 pm »
Thanks Lee, again maybe this can go on the page update when it's done next.

Appreciate the prompt feedback.

Regards, Clive