Author Topic: Is PWMalham online? - had to refresh SD card  (Read 1971 times)

rhine

Is PWMalham online? - had to refresh SD card
« on: February 08, 2023, 01:53:08 pm »
I have refreshed the SD card for PWMalham and should be back online.

I can see the station on GilderRadar @ https://www.gliderradar.com/?center=53.8286,-2.1739&zoom=10 but the logs from http://ognpaw.local are saying .... GRID Network trying to connect

Should I just be patient or is there some cleanup to be done at the back end as I have reused the station name?

I attach a screenshot

Thanks, Richard
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:05:28 pm by rhine »

rhine

Re: Is PWMalham online? - had to refresh SD card
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 03:23:12 pm »
All good again. Patience is a virtue!

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 06:06:46 pm »
You may want to emaiL Lee as there is some setup to be done remotely.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 10:16:58 am »
Hi Richard,

If you install a new ATOM site, or make certain changes to your existing setup - such as changing the Raspberry Pi or installing a new or reloaded software card - your ATOM unit has to 'ask permission' to connect to (or connect back into) the network. This request has to be noticed and actioned manually by one of a relatively small group of network administrators. Whilst this normally happens fairly promptly, I know one of them has been away this week and the others pretty busy, so I guess that was the reason for the (relatively modest) delay on this occasion.

Glad to see that all now appears to be well.

Best Regards
Peter
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 10:22:52 am by exfirepro »

rhine

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 08:26:54 pm »
Thanks, was not intending to hassle you in any way. All is good now. Many thanks, Richard

Keithvinning

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 07:20:59 am »
Hi Richard thanks for your help ‘up North’
Just to let you all know the flying season seems to be getting off to a flying start as far as ATOM installs go
New sites are requested at  Shipley (west Sussex) Goodwood Shawbury Ternhill Kilkeel Westcot Northampton Winston Gloucestershire Talyfan and Denbigh Gliding club.
Please keep them coming we are on our way to 400 sites.
With the support of iGRID and SkyGrid, this system is becoming increasingly self sustaining with lots of inbuilt redundancy and great integrity.

Cheers

Keith
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 04:12:59 pm by exfirepro »