Author Topic: iGrid setup help  (Read 1187 times)

Martino

iGrid setup help
« on: September 03, 2022, 09:48:48 pm »
Hi there;

Can anyone help with an iGrid setup issue please?

I setup iGrid recently on an iPhone 8 using the instructions and all worked well

A couple of weeks later I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 13 and now cannot reconnect this new device

The issue is that when I connect to the hotspot it drops me off the PAW WiFi so I can’t load the network page to search for and connect to the hotspot

When I connect the WiFi it warns me that the hotspot will switch off

I’m sure it didn’t do this during the setup on the old phone, which I found every simple and successful

What am I doing wrong?! I’m fairly tech savvy but I’m obviously missing something simple

Thanks!

Martin

Martino

Re: iGrid setup help
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 02:37:46 pm »
To expand on this…

I have successfully done all of the setup to connect the pilotaware to the phone hotspot

The phone will also separately connect to the pilotaware WiFi

The problem I have is that as soon as I connect pilotaware to the phone hotspot, my pilotaware page at 192.168.1.1 will no longer refresh (just shows safari internet not responding page) presumably because the connection to the phone hotspot has biffed the WiFi connection between pilotaware and phone…

I absolutely had it all working perfectly, green gsm tab etc on the old phone…

Martino

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 03:41:30 pm »
Ok. Answered my own question

Seems some quirk of the iPhone 8 meant it could act as host and client simultaneously whereas the newer iPhone 13 behaves more like the typical Apple behaviour and can’t do both at the same time

Frustrating

Means I’ll have to rework the way I use the devices in the cockpit  :-\
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:52:12 pm by Martino »

Martino

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 03:45:22 pm »
Should add that the previous “iGrid 2 devices needed?” thread helped me so thank you for that, I should have read it more thoroughly before starting a new thread