Author Topic: Metal ATOM Case?  (Read 3081 times)

ikcarusflyer

Metal ATOM Case?
« on: August 05, 2022, 09:08:52 am »
Last year at Sywell, the team showed off a ground station which was entirely self contained within a case, I would describe as a metal heat sink case, for pole mounting. I'm planning to move my ground station to try and get better coverage, and would love more info on this case!

Ian Melville

Re: Metal ATOM Case?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 06:36:51 pm »
I'm due to revamp one of my installations and have been expecting news of these cases.

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 09:19:36 pm »
This is no secret. We have built several of these using the Nebra case with power over ethernet. There are about 12 in use. They are more expensive than other cases but work well if you want to have the case outside using PoE. Very little is totally waterproof and if it is one also has to consider diurnal heating and condensation but we have been working on this and have some solutions. If you want to install one at your site drop us an email at OGN@pilotaware .com

ikcarusflyer

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 10:54:58 am »
This is no secret. We have built several of these using the Nebra case with power over ethernet. There are about 12 in use. They are more expensive than other cases but work well if you want to have the case outside using PoE. Very little is totally waterproof and if it is one also has to consider diurnal heating and condensation but we have been working on this and have some solutions. If you want to install one at your site drop us an email at OGN@pilotaware .com

I will indeed Keith! Is providing direct contact between the case and the RPi (for thermal transfer) then filling the case with GEL something that might work?

Keithvinning

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 02:44:21 pm »
Sorry for the late reply
We have a solution for this with a pressure reducing gland to equalise the pressure.