Author Topic: EasyVFR  (Read 20373 times)

scsirob

Re: EasyVFR
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »
I'm currently running EasyVFR 3.81.0 and PAW 20151107 and all appears to work just great:

Moffrestorer

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 09:15:52 pm »
Hi scsirob,

I'm trying to run this software combination on an iPad Mini (cellular model). As I recall from your posts you're running it on a panel mounted Windows mini PC using Ethernet connection?

As you may realise, EV doesn't seem to connect to PAW in my setup. When I select FLARM as per your screen shot, I lose the moving map aircraft symbol. Although PAW +Ublox 7 dongle is generating GPS data to pass to the tablet via the wi-fi hotspot, EV is not receiving or using it. Conversely, if I use the iPad internal GPS + Collisionaware, I retain the plane symbol but PAW doesn't seem to get the GPS data. In both cases PAW config. screen shows Navigation is not enabled.

EV has a "wi-if sharing" option in the autopilot (simulator?) settings screen. I've tried enabling this but still no luck in getting it all working. Can you think of any setting in EV that I'm overlooking?

I haven't checked out the EV forum for a day or two, maybe I'll raise the problem there, but hesitate because Easy ADSB doesn't seem to have been formally announced as yet.

Regards,

Chris

Admin

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »
Chris, if you are using connect key 6000, can you try key 6001 ?
Thx
Lee

Moffrestorer

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 11:33:20 pm »
Thanks Lee, but I was using 6001!

Moffrestorer

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 12:11:55 am »
Hi Lee,

Been on the EasyVFR forum and it seems that the FLARM settings page IS NOT used to connect EasyVFR to PAW. Will try out out the new instructions tomorrow and will report back how I get on.

Thanks,

Chris,

Admin

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 09:52:59 am »
Hi Chris,
Please update us when you have more info, then I think we need to get some screenshots and add to the documentation

jodel119

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 01:31:17 pm »
Hi Lee,
After starting this thread, I should come back and give you my thoughts. I've tried different ways to start up, just to see if that was the problem, what ever I do now I get aircraft on EasyVFR.  Why I had a problem in the first place, I've no idea!!!!!!!
Running EV on Nexus 7.1

Start EasyVFR
Power PAW
Settings..connect to PAW
Start Pilotaware GPS app.

on EV FLAM settings

Address...192.168.1.1
Port.........2000
Pin Code...6001
Flarm GPS.OFF
Protocol....TCP
Proximit....35000 (I have had it at 3000ft, and picked up aircraft in the Oxford Circuit) I'm not far away.

So at the moment all seems to be OK, but I will keep trying to break it (ha.ha)

Regards
Colin

jodel119

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »
Lee,
I should have added that if I use EasyVFR GPSsharing with SGPGGA I do not get aircraft showing, but when I put Pilotaware GPS on again it works

Colin

roweda

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »
Please update us when you have more info, then I think we need to get some screenshots and add to the documentation

Lee/Ian

I am happy to supply the screenshots for EasyVFR settings for installations with and without a GPS module on the PAW unit for both Android and iOS (might be a few days though).

Please note that EasyVFR is not currently displaying the Flight No./Hex Code of other traffic. This is being investigated.

Dave

Admin

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 02:10:32 pm »
Please note that EasyVFR is not currently displaying the Flight No./Hex Code of other traffic. This is being investigated.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Who is investigating ?
This is probably because we are using an extension to the FLARM Data format as defined by SkyDemon
I presume EasyVFR do not support this
Thx
Lee

ianfallon

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 03:20:02 pm »
Thanks - please post info re. documentation changes to me directly or via the Documentation thread. Best to email screenshots directly (email on that thread).

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »
Something I have noticed on my Asus 173 is that if you run Sky Demon, it doesn't shut off properly when you exit the program. You have to press the bottom right button then swipe the program away to properly end it, otherwise it seems to block the ports and you then can't use them with other software, or even on Sky Demon itself. Having swiped it away, you can then use other software on the tablet.

ianfallon

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 08:05:46 pm »
I have the Asus Memopad 173X and have not seen this. Latest Skydemon. Android 4.2.2

roweda

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 01:43:54 pm »
Who is investigating ?
This is probably because we are using an extension to the FLARM Data format as defined by SkyDemon
I presume EasyVFR do not support this
Thx
Lee

Lee

I am a PocketFMS BetaCrew member but have not been spending too much time looking at PAW. I have had issues with connecting on my iPad but have put that down to facing East of an evening (not many Sats available) and hiding behind double glazing (K Glass) at the back of my house. Moving to the front which is West facing and different glass I now don't have any connectivity issues.

We are aware of the flight numbers not displaying in EasyVFR and on Monday I sent a PAW set of hardware (minus ARF module and minus GPS module) to Rob for him to fully investigate the technical interaction of PAW and EasyVFR in finer detail. It is hoped that he will have that in Lelystad by the end of the week so he can test and investigate.

PocketFMS have worked with FLARM for many years supporting interfaces with their products. However, we will test PAW very thoroughly and liaise with you with our findings.

In the meantime, I will liaise directly with Ian regarding the User Guide he is producing.

I have a Asus M173X and have never experienced any issues using EasyVFR on it, both with or without a PAW connected, or shutting the application down. If the CollisionAware for Android is going to remain, the ability to exit that App from within would be a useful addition as otherwise you have to navigate to Apps, scroll down and then forcibly stop it, which is a bit of a performance. Could it be this component that is affecting the SD users?

Dave

ianfallon

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 01:47:52 pm »
Easy VFR screenshots are now in the latest version of the guide which is now on the forum for download.