Author Topic: Regulator board & ARF Board  (Read 61186 times)

Vince

Re: Regulator board & ARF Board
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2015, 09:42:20 pm »
I ordered two boards without ARF's as I already have three of those on the way  :-\
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

carlp

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2015, 09:46:44 pm »
Hi
When you solder the ARF to your board, do you need to solder all the pins or just the one's you need?

Carl

JCurtis

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2015, 09:48:35 pm »
Hi
When you solder the ARF to your board, do you need to solder all the pins or just the one's you need?

Carl

For my board you can leave all the pins connected, no need to miss any out.  I only connect those required for operation, the rest remain isolated.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Richard

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2015, 09:58:17 pm »
J,
  Sold out already ? How long befor I can Order?  Thank You
Richard.
Europa XS

JCurtis

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2015, 10:04:37 pm »
J,
  Sold out already ? How long befor I can Order?  Thank You

Yes, a bit surprised too.
There will be more of the Shields available tomorrow (just need to make them up), I've ordered some more ARF's too they will take a day or two.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Bill Maxwell

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2015, 11:07:23 pm »
J
Because you are out of stock, I can't get to the order page to see if VAT is removed for export and what the shipping charge might be to Australia. Can you advise please?

Bill

JCurtis

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:09 pm »
J
Because you are out of stock, I can't get to the order page to see if VAT is removed for export and what the shipping charge might be to Australia. Can you advise please?

Bill

VAT would be detected automatically for non EU orders, so divide the shown prices by 1.2 to give the non VAT price.

I haven't edited the non EU shipping yet, so it would currently show the UPS courier option for the other things I make and sell (expensive, but it's much easier for customs and fast).  I will look into shipping options to Australia and let you know, I suspect anything postal will take a while to get there.

If you drop me an e-mail or PM with what you are looking to purchase, that will help with packet sizes and weight etc.

carlp

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 11:39:52 pm »
Hi

Carl

For my board you can leave all the pins connected, no need to miss any out.  I only connect those required for operation, the rest remain isolated.

I was thinking that if only the minimum number of pins were soldered it would be easier to remove the ARF board should you ever need to.? For example, if you produced an upgraded board with a onboard gps  :D
Carl

Bill Maxwell

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2015, 08:27:45 am »
J

Bill

VAT would be detected automatically for non EU orders, so divide the shown prices by 1.2 to give the non VAT price.

I haven't edited the non EU shipping yet, so it would currently show the UPS courier option for the other things I make and sell (expensive, but it's much easier for customs and fast).  I will look into shipping options to Australia and let you know, I suspect anything postal will take a while to get there.

If you drop me an e-mail or PM with what you are looking to purchase, that will help with packet sizes and weight etc.

Royal Mail airmail will be fine. That's how the ARF module is being shipped by the supplier. I'll send you an e-mail listing my couple of items.

Cheers
Bill

JCurtis

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2015, 12:17:58 pm »
Ok, longer SMA connectors have arrived, and look to be just about ideal.  Molex ones too, so a decent make.

As I've been asked a few times, I will also make them available as a separate item on the website from tomorrow.

As I was short delivered the 2x10 headers, next window for purchase will be tomorrow once the balance of them arrive - the ARF's will be here by then too.  Then it will be early next week when some more PCBs arrive.

Richard

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2015, 12:20:41 pm »
J,
  Will there be any ready today for order?
Richard.
Europa XS

JCurtis

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »
J,
  Will there be any ready today for order?

The cart system is setup to only permit orders for things I have in stock, as it in effect takes immediate payment I don't consider it fair to take payment in advance.  So currently it won't show stock until tomorrow once some connectors turn up.

If people were happy to wait a few days, I could alter that to allow people to order, but you might not get them until next week even though payment will be taken at the time of the order?  The only issue doing that will be stock of ARF's, I'm assuming Wirelessthings have plenty available and they ship next day.  I can also refund if there is going to be any lengthy delays.  So it's really down to what would people prefer?

bryannortje

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2015, 12:39:58 pm »
Hi J

I would say that at this stage it would be good to consider taking orders and payment up front with an approx. 5 day delivery. I would happily support that and I would think it would help you to plan your order qty's to as that could save on postage costs for you from your suppliers.

Cheers
Bryan

scsirob

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2015, 01:20:07 pm »
Just put a disclaimer in that delivery may take up to 14 days. That will be true for international orders anyway. When the orders exceed the stock that you ordered for the next batch, put things on hold again.

Moffrestorer

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2015, 01:43:22 pm »
Hi Jeremy,

I'll try to order the Pi shield PCB from you tomorrow when you again have "stock". I already have the ARF from wt. I would be grateful if you could send me one long SMA socket at the same time so that I can solder it to the ARF. Could you indicate a price for this latter item, if at all possible.

Thanks,

Chris