Author Topic: Regulator board & ARF Board  (Read 61165 times)

JCurtis

Re: Regulator board & ARF Board
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 10:56:30 am »
sounds good. will you post a link here when you have it online?

Yes, will do. 

I'll sort out a bundle with a Charge2 unit too, for those interested in both.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

captchaos

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 04:25:38 pm »
I would be interested in the regulator shield (if that is the correct term!)

sturs

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:06 pm »
Please put me down for one as well, Jeremy.  I'd be particularly interested in one including the ARF, too, although I don't mind a little soldering if not!
Also, your idea of a bundle with the Charge2/4 sounds interesting.  Will you post here when/if you put these up on your site?

Thanks, Stuart

JCurtis

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 08:23:12 pm »
Please put me down for one as well, Jeremy.  I'd be particularly interested in one including the ARF, too, although I don't mind a little soldering if not!
Also, your idea of a bundle with the Charge2/4 sounds interesting.  Will you post here when/if you put these up on your site?

Thanks, Stuart

I will update this entry when they are available on the website.  The longest lead are the PCB's, even though they are made in the EU - looking like back end of next week from the progress through the factory.  Everything else looks due in to me tomorrow.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

sturs

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 09:27:44 pm »
Thanks - looking forward to that!

JCurtis

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 07:24:08 pm »
Just to confirm that my Regulator Pi Shield for the ARF Board will have the Barometric sensor also fitted (a MPL3115A2).  This will all fit within the small rounded case Lee mentions within the build document.

Lee does mention here http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,31.0.html that he is now supporting it.

I will update this thread when they are available on the website.

rg

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 08:01:14 pm »
Just gets better and better!

Wadoadi

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 09:27:15 am »
Hi Jeremy,
      Just a quick question I'm about to solder on the header pins to the ARF so its ready to plug into your board and I noticed in the hardware build manual it states "do not solder pins 15 & 18" Can we solder all pins if using your board or do we still need to not solder 15 & 18?

thanks

Adrian

JCurtis

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 09:32:23 am »
Hi Jeremy,
      Just a quick question I'm about to solder on the header pins to the ARF so its ready to plug into your board and I noticed in the hardware build manual it states "do not solder pins 15 & 18" Can we solder all pins if using your board or do we still need to not solder 15 & 18?

thanks

Adrian

You can solder all the pins on the ARF with my board, no need to leave out 15 & 18.

Wadoadi

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 09:40:19 am »
Thanks for the quick reply, I hoped that would be the case.

All pins now soldered!  :D

carlp

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 10:16:07 am »
Hi Jeremy,

Just collecting all the parts ready for my first build, your new shield sounds like a great option, especially if you can provide it with the ARF board as it sounds like these are fast becoming as rare as 'hens teeth' ..

Carl

JCurtis

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 05:29:04 pm »
Progress, of a kind...

Boards arrived late this afternoon. 
Downside there is a problem with them.   >:(
Upside is they will be remade on 2-3 day turnaround, which is handy.   ;D

As before, I'll update when available, be middle of next week I expect.

Sorry folks, not much I can do without the boards!

Wadoadi

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 05:33:07 pm »
Thanks for the update...

Richard

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »
Thank You "J"  Keep us posted
Richard.
Europa XS

JCurtis

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 01:08:25 pm »
Quick update.

I've also bought a small batch of ARF boards since they came back into stock, so when the new PCBs arrive this week you can also opt to have one soldered on too - then it is really just plug and play to get the 3.3v reg, ARF, and Baro sensor as a single plug in unit.