Author Topic: Cannot connect  (Read 13393 times)

neilmurg

Re: Cannot connect
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »
Tempted to put the unit in the drawer until the testing has finished & the unit is idiot proof enough that it becomes User Friendly
That would work

FERRYAIR

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 10:44:58 am »
Lee,

Can you explain how I connect a monitor to the HDMI Port ?  I have a Asus Laptop, can I  connect that as a HDMI Monitor?

Without sounding too dumb, can you explain the entire connection process.

MTIA
Peter

Hi ferryair,

As I mentioned in my previous response, can you connect a monitor to the HDMI port whilst performing the installation ?

This will indicate the problem

Thx
Lee

brinzlee

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 11:11:30 am »
A laptop's HDMI port is for output only...so no you can't.....Do you not have a modern flatscreen tv with an HDMI input.
Plug the cable from the PAW into the HDMI input of the TV....Select the HDMI channel on the TV then it should output all the commands to the TV
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:13:10 am by brinzlee »

FERRYAIR

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:33 pm »
Will try that & see how I get on ( TV has HDMI1& HDMI2 )  The socket looks different to what cables I got with PAW

Guessing I have to buy a HDMI Cable ?

A laptop's HDMI port is for output only...so no you can't.....Do you not have a modern flatscreen tv with an HDMI input.
Plug the cable from the PAW into the HDMI input of the TV....Select the HDMI channel on the TV then it should output all the commands to the TV

ianfallon

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 04:57:56 pm »
Cheap HDMI cables with free delivery here:

http://www.cablesuk.co.uk/HDMI-Cables-c10

Probably way too much choice - I imagine any would work for PAW->TV

ianfallon

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 05:00:26 pm »
My money is on the SD card formatting btw!

FERRYAIR

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 03:44:44 pm »
Did a complete wipe of Micro SD Card and reformatted it, I downloaded the update again and then tried the Micro SD in the PAW Unit.
This time it seems to have worked ( I did everything exactly the same as before )
I took screenshots from the 192.168.1.1 loggers just in case there is anything else wrong, but it seems ok

My money is on the SD card formatting btw!

Admin

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 07:16:00 pm »
I have found that sometimes doing the 'quick format', is not sufficient, You may have selected this rather than erase/overwrite the first time ?

Thx
Lee

ianfallon

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 07:48:46 pm »
Yep - it's imperative you follow the formatting procedure in the Software Guide to the letter.

FERRYAIR

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:51 pm »
The formatting was done correctly both times....... just something made the first download go wrong !!!

All is good now, so hopefully it will be plain sailing from now on 😊

Yep - it's imperative you follow the formatting procedure in the Software Guide to the letter.