Author Topic: Cannot connect  (Read 13384 times)

Saja

Cannot connect
« on: November 06, 2015, 02:15:00 pm »
Hello All

Cannot connect Skydemon with Unit, it says "connection with butterfly failed."

Any ideas

Saja

ianfallon

Re: Cannot connect
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 02:36:44 pm »
I think you need to give us a few more clues. What set-up do you have ?

Saja

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:08:40 pm »
Ok Ian

I have Skydemon on Ipad,

I have done everything as per instructions on website, I see the hotspot, connected to hotspot. when I go FLY using FLARM I get CANNOT CONNECT TO BUTTERFLY

any ideas.!!

ianfallon

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 11:01:16 pm »
Do you have a USB GPS dongle or not ?
If so which one ?

Do you have the 3G iPad or Wifi version ?

Admin

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:22:47 am »
Hi Saja
In addition to Ians questions,

Are you getting any boot console errors or license failures ?

Can you take a screenshot of the web interface 192.168.1.1, and post here ?

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:32:41 am by Admin »

N6010Y

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 04:10:16 pm »
Have yo set the Flarm code to 6000?

Admin

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 04:54:03 pm »
Hi Saja

I have a suspicion on the licensing, can you tell me if you are getting license errors to the console ?
If you post a screenshot of the web interface this will also confirm if this is the issue

Thx
Lee

EricC

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 07:26:49 pm »
You are not connected to to you pilotaware wi fi.

bulld

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »
Hi Saja I had this and I hadn't changed the Air Connect Key to 6000 in the skydemon setup menu.

FERRYAIR

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 06:22:27 pm »
I downloaded PilotAware Release 20151114 yesterday to a Brand New 8GB MICRO SD CARD  ( which I formatted correctly ) but when I tried it in my PAW unit it failed to work !!!!

I did notice that the little green light flashes maybe once then goes off.
There is no Pilotaware connection available when using my 20151114 version, when I put my older version back in, it all worked as it should.

When I tried to see the configuration file On 192.168.1.1 I got this message :

The 7655 picture is the screenprint when I put my older sd back in

Admin

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »
Hi Ferryair,

Firstly can I confirm you are following the instructions here ?
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,231.0.html

Are you able to connect an HDMI monitor to PilotAware to see the boot messages.

One additional check I put into the version you are trying to load was a check to see if the hardware was Pi2B, rather than PiB+.

Also how long do you wait before deciding the Hotspot is not going to appear ?
for an installation, this can take about 20 mins, but the green light should be active, and you say it is not which is strange.

I would really like to know if you can connect a monitor, something strange is happening.

thx
Lee

neilmurg

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 09:39:58 pm »
is it failing because either:
1) you didn't wait long enough for the new version to be built (20min+ as Lee said)
2) you have to re-enter your license and Save it on the config screen

I made both these mistakes in the past. An HDMI to a monitor really helps, as well as keeping your license email. With monitor connected I got multiple 'fail eth' and 'fail wan' messages, the 'eth' message contained the MAC address, same as on the WiFi SSID

FERRYAIR

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 05:47:52 pm »
All sections 1 through to 7 were completed, Section 8 I could not get the Pilotaware app to connect at all  !!!!

Do you need a new code for a new update as per section 9?

Lee, Bear in mind you are dealing with a electronic numpty 😉

Hi Ferryair,

Firstly can I confirm you are following the instructions here ?
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,231.0.html

Are you able to connect an HDMI monitor to PilotAware to see the boot messages.

One additional check I put into the version you are trying to load was a check to see if the hardware was Pi2B, rather than PiB+.

Also how long do you wait before deciding the Hotspot is not going to appear ?
for an installation, this can take about 20 mins, but the green light should be active, and you say it is not which is strange.

I would really like to know if you can connect a monitor, something strange is happening.

thx
Lee

FERRYAIR

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »
Having downloaded the latest update ( correctly as far as I know & to  the instructions given ) Do I need a  new licence for the latest  version.

I am a bit confused that the PAW unit has a Green light that flashes about 3 times & then switches off when trying to use the latest update, it flashes about 30 times with the original update and then connects to the Pilotaware app.

I left it with the latest update in the slot for about 45mins & still it didn't connect !!! I have never managed to connect to the Pilotaware app whilst the latest version is in the slot.

The micro sd card with the latest version is getting ever closer to getting The Distance Test.

Getting a bit frustrating now, I am sure I must be doing something wrong but with the original version working to some degree I am only doing the same with the latest version as I am with the earlier version.

Tempted to put the unit in the drawer until the testing has finished & the unit is idiot proof enough that it becomes User Friendly

Admin

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 09:44:46 pm »
Hi ferryair,

As I mentioned in my previous response, can you connect a monitor to the HDMI port whilst performing the installation ?

This will indicate the problem

Thx
Lee