Author Topic: New software I-Grid  (Read 1958 times)

Dave jones

New software I-Grid
« on: May 09, 2022, 08:18:40 pm »
I understand from the PA website that a new software is coming soon. It appears an extra USB port will be required on the Rosetta. I have an aircrew connected to the spare USB port and therefore no free port. Just wondering if it will be possible to still use  this new addition to this excellent system.

Ian Melville

Re: New software I-Grid
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:52:43 pm »
Hi Dave. Are you powering your Aircrew through the PAW? I would not reccomend that as the Pi is very sensitive to power upsets and the Aircrew could tip it over the edge.

I connect my Aircrew to the PAW using WiFi and each is fed power from a dedicated battery pack

Cheers
Ian

Dave jones

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 10:30:41 pm »
Hi Ian,
Yes I am powering the Aircrew through the PAW. Hadn’t realised it could cause problems. Must have a fresh look at my setup.
Many thanks
Dave

cyclone1

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 12:56:20 pm »
Hi Dave and Ian.

I have been using my aircrew via the paw connection from the outset and never had any problems. In the aircrew manual for connections the use of power via the paw is stated. I have yet to view the upcoming update from paw as to why a usb would be needed.
T

Dave jones

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 03:22:06 pm »
I believe a dongle is needed for the Pilotaware to link with your iPhone to get live weather etc. The dongle will need a USB port on the  board. Correct me if I’m wrong I’m no expert on these things!.
On second thought I think I’m only using 3 of the 4 ports. One for aircrew one for gps and one for Wi-Fi.leaving one free for the dongle. Happy to hear from anyone out there who can correct me