Author Topic: Connecting to device  (Read 1200 times)

Merlin29

Connecting to device
« on: April 30, 2022, 08:22:53 pm »
Hi. Tried to use PAW this evening and I just kept getting the message Connecting to Device on an iPad running SkyDemon. iPad was connected to the PAW wifi but Sky demon could not connect. I tried rebooting iPad and PAW but same message. Mentioned this to a fellow syndicate member and he had exactly the same problem last week, using a different iPad. Didn’t really have time to do too much troubleshooting. What would be worth checking first? Thanks.

Ian Melville

Re: Connecting to device
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 08:55:53 pm »
Try and open up the home page in the browser

Young_C

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 09:44:22 am »
Hi
I had the same problem recently and it was caused by the fact that SkyDemon after the latest update reset all the Third-Party Devices to OFF.

1. I had to go to SETTINGS (Gear symbol top left) in SkyDemon and
2. select Third-Party Devices and
3. then Turn ON PilotAware.

After doing this it worked fine and SkyDemon was able to use PilotAware as a GPS source.
Hope this helps,
Chris Young.

Merlin29

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 06:42:19 pm »
I’ve solved the issue. Licence had expired! Would be useful to get a reminder as the only email reminder got lost amongst everything else!

Admin

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 07:10:19 pm »
I’ve solved the issue. Licence had expired! Would be useful to get a reminder as the only email reminder got lost amongst everything else!

Hi Merlin29
Not sure how else we could send a reminder?
Maybe a text message, if that could be automated?
Any suggestions?
Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 06:33:42 pm »
Hi
I had the same problem recently and it was caused by the fact that SkyDemon after the latest update reset all the Third-Party Devices to OFF.

1. I had to go to SETTINGS (Gear symbol top left) in SkyDemon and
2. select Third-Party Devices and
3. then Turn ON PilotAware.

After doing this it worked fine and SkyDemon was able to use PilotAware as a GPS source.
Hope this helps,
Chris Young.

Hi Chris,

I am a SkyDemon Beta Tester (for iOS) and have noticed a couple of issues where SD updates revert settings - in my case for example it sets the Text Size back to the default, which I can’t read - even with my glasses. I will pass these on to Tim D.

Best Regards
Peter