Author Topic: Sportcruiser external antenna installation.  (Read 1389 times)

Stevehaley

Sportcruiser external antenna installation.
« on: April 27, 2022, 03:34:00 pm »
Does anyone have any recomendations for fitting external antenna to a sportcruiser?
I was thinking of both on the under belly just behind the seats. How far apart do they need to be?
Stephen

steveu

Re: Sportcruiser external antenna installation.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 04:06:02 pm »
From the destructions:

The antennas should ideally be a minimum of 200 mm away from other antennas and the longer 869.925MHz PilotAware antenna as far away as possible from the existing 1090MHZ transponder antenna for best operation.

C172

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:27:23 pm »
There's a dedicated folder for fixed installations which has info.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 09:56:40 pm »
Hi Steve,

Our own Keithvinning flies a SportCruiser with permanently installed PilotAware. He would be pleased to advise if you drop him a contact via our Message System.

I will be seeing him at Popham this weekend and will let him know you are looking in case he has missed your post (he was away from home this week).

Best Regards
Peter

Stevehaley

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 12:18:45 am »
Thanks
Will be at popham saturday by air - do you know his reg?
Stephen

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 08:47:35 am »
I suspect there will be a PilotAware stand at Popham(though not listed) and Keith will go by road as he will have stock. Look out for the stand.

bottoj

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 12:32:36 pm »
Does anyone have any recomendations for fitting external antenna to a sportcruiser?
I was thinking of both on the under belly just behind the seats. How far apart do they need to be?
Stephen
I've recently fitted external antennas to our SportCruiser on Keith's advice.
Thanks Keith.
On the belly, just behind the seats. One on each side, about 3" in from the side.
The supplied 2M cables are just long enough if you mount the Rosetta on the cross member behind the instrument panel.
I used a spare conduit through the centre console. Tight fit but with a drawstring and some Fairy liquid they just passed through.
John...........