Author Topic: 360 Radar ATOM  (Read 1302 times)

peter.seddon

360 Radar ATOM
« on: February 14, 2022, 12:50:22 pm »
A few days ago my ATOM web page started not displaying any aircraft at all. I rebooted, changed the SDRs and changed the antenna. It now doesn't show any aircraft above about 10,000 feet. I know this because I also run a Pi Aware station too. As of now pi aware, which uses just the small stick that came with the SDR is showing 7 aircraft, all above 10,000 ft and ATOM is showing 2 at about 2000 ft. Any one got any ideas for me to try.
Peter S
G-DDLA

steveu

Re: 360 Radar ATOM
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 02:21:27 pm »
1. Are the aircraft from the same reception category, that is, are they all ADS-B? Or is there a mixture of PAW(P3i), FLARM and ADS-B going on here?

2. When you changed SDRs did you run the set up again to calibrate the antennas?

3. Without knowing what your ATOM web page is displayed on, can you check that you haven't inadvertently set any filters on the display? What is the VRS running on? Phone?

4. If you are using a PAW with just the small stick that came with an SDR and no other antennas, you are only receiving one group of signals, either ADS-B/mode-S or PAW.

5. If you suspect the ground station is not working, you can log into it and select one of the menu options to see if you are receiving FLARM or ADS-B traffic.

Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 02:25:39 pm »
Hi All

It now doesn't show any aircraft above about 10,000 feet
This has always been the case, with the reporting in the ATOM Matrix
However, these high altitude aircraft captured locally, are still passed to the VRS, so you will still see the commercial planes in the VRS display, just not on the front page

Thx
Lee

peter.seddon

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 03:40:09 pm »
All now sorted by running the config script from shell in a box and re selecting the SDR for ADS-B. It was me not running the config script after changing the SDRs. Thanks for the help.
Peter S
G-DDLA