Author Topic: Updater fails to connect to my Rosetta  (Read 1033 times)

Graham Elvis

Updater fails to connect to my Rosetta
« on: January 17, 2022, 03:23:59 pm »
The Updater fails to connect to my new Rosetta (Network status shows a red blob) despite the Network setting showing a good connecion.  It work OK with my existing Classic.  I tried re-istalling the Updater but no joy.

exfirepro

Re: Updater fails to connect to my Rosetta
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 07:04:45 pm »
Hi Graham,

I take it from your description (Network Status shows a red blob) that you are using the Updater App on an Android device. What device (make/model) is it and what (Android) software version is the device running?

When you say ‘despite the Network setting showing a good connection’, what exactly do you mean?

If you mean there is a ‘green blob’ (Light) at Internet on the Config Screen on the App, that means you haven’t yet correctly reset your device WiFi connection to your PAW WiFi Hotspot - which you need to do before proceeding to Step 2 and Step 3 on the App Update Screen. Once you reset the device that the App is on to connect to your PAW WiFi Hotspot you then need to give it a few seconds or so before going to the App Config screen which should now show a green ‘light’ at PilotAware and a red ‘light’ at Internet. You can then go back to the Update Screen on the App and proceed with Steps 2 and 3.

Sounds complicated I know, but in reality all you need to remember is that the App has to be connected to the Internet (via WiFi or 4G) to download the new firmware, then to your PilotAware WiFi to upload the firmware to your PilotAware and install it.

Hope this helps

Regards

Peter

Admin

Re: Updater fails to connect to my Rosetta
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 03:41:56 pm »
please check that you can get to the web pages on the Rosetta

http://192.168.1.1

thx
Lee