Author Topic: Help Funke transponder ttr800a connection  (Read 3824 times)

exfirepro

Re: Help Funke transponder ttr800a connection
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 10:40:26 am »
Hi Mike,

I have just been ‘chatting’ to Lee about this. Assuming you are running one of the more recent (2020) software versions, the best option would be to update your PAW via memory stick using a .pgp file with the Funke ‘Fix’ update on the stick.

If you PM or email me an email address*, I will send you a download link to get the relevant file and can talk you through the update if you haven’t done this before.

Best Regards

Peter

* If you click on my Username at top left above you should see prompts for PM and email
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:42:38 am by exfirepro »

mariko

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2021, 07:57:27 am »
Maybe I have the same problem with my Funke 800, with ADS-B receiving equipped aircraft seeing me always "nord up". Let me investigating about this. If it's true, I also will ask for bug fixing file, if it's possible. Thanks.
Ciao
  Mariko

mariko

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2021, 08:29:18 am »
Ok, this is a screenshoot taken from another Rosetta following me ( I am 31DD1E)
He have seen me always pointing nord and 0 Knots speed. I'm pretty sure he was receiving my ADS-B signal, not the PAW.
Ciao
  Mariko

exfirepro

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 10:40:02 am »
Hi Mariko,

That certainly sounds like the same issue if your Funke is getting its GPS data from your PilotAware. Remember though that the ‘fix’ will only work if the transponder is of the appropriate hardware and firmware standard (see Brian Montilla’s posts in the thread I linked to earlier) or has been upgraded by Funke to at least these standards.

The ‘fix’ will be incorporated automatically in the next PilotAware software release, but if you want to try the Beta Fix for the Funke issue earlier (this is a May 2020 Beta not the latest PilotAware Beta, which is still in testing), I can email you a link to download a PilotAware.pgp file which must be loaded onto a memory stick and then installed via the standard USB Memory Stick update procedure. Please let me know if you want to try this and if you are familiar with that update method.

p.s. if you haven’t already done so, you should first update your PAW to the latest (20201101) Public Software Release before trying to install this Beta.

Best Regards

Peter

MartC

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2022, 10:26:04 am »
Hi Mike,

I will ask Lee to PM you re getting hold of the relevant Beta Software.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter, we also have this issue of Pilotaware not broadcasting the correct ADS-B data via our transponder link. Referred to in the previous thread here on our Jodel external antennae installation: http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,2063.0.html

I have previously tried to contact Lee regarding the beta software 'fix', but for some reason have not made contact....

If the Funke transponder 'fix' is not included in the new software release 20220101 is it possible to also ask Lee to DM me about upgrading our unit.

Thanks
Martin

Admin

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 12:28:51 pm »
If the Funke transponder 'fix' is not included in the new software release 20220101 is it possible to also ask Lee to DM me about upgrading our unit.

This release includes the Fix for the Funke GPS message format

Thx
Lee

MartC

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 02:39:06 pm »
That's brilliant, thanks Lee! Will update this weekend.