British Forum > General Discussion

Flightradar24 track error

<< < (2/3) > >>

frankmcm:
Hi Peter
I flew EGAD to EGNF on Sat 16th, in an approximately straight line.
Out journey ~ 1100 hrs, returning ~ 1500 hrs.

G-CMON, RV7   ICAO 4075B1

I currently use the internal dipole aerials, but I have acquired a pair of external aerials still awaiting installation on the belly. PAW/SkyDemon sees plenty of traffic, so I had thought it was working.

I’m well capable of misconfiguring things, but at initial setup I believe it passed the post install check.  I will hunt out that report.

Regards
Frank

Ian Melville:
Frank, Can you show us screenshots of the home pages and status page of your PAW?

Admin:
+ Configure page

exfirepro:
Hi Frank,

Ditto to the above requests.

I take it you are based at (or near) Newtownards? PilotAware Ground Stations are unfortunately still very thin on the ground in N.I. (only 3 sites at Derry/Londonderry, Tandragee and Kilkeel), so I wouldn't necessarily expect great reports from the Newtownards area.

ATOM Ground Stations are, however, much more common over here on the UK mainland and as you flew from Newtownards direct to Netherthorpe on Sat 16th October, you will have passed a considerable number of them during that flight, yet I can find only one single report for 4075B1 in the PAW database, and that is a single P3i 'ping' at 66Km from PWShireN (near Chepstow) back on the 14th of May, with no record whatever either before or since, and no record whatever of any active ADS-B transmissions (which at much higher power would be more easily received at range). This clearly indicates to me that there is definitely something wrong with your equipment, setup or both.

This could be something as simple as that your PilotAware Licence has expired, but sight of the requested screenshots should help us identify the problem, or at least point us in the right direction as to the likely cause.

Best Regards Meantime
Peter

frankmcm:
Progress!   
My hex ID is wrong.   Currently set to FEDE60, which is the tail end of my SSID . 
Reset to correct hex, and seems to work .
Incidentally vector search on fede60 shows a reasonable polar diagram.  Moreover an “icao fede60” google doesn’t report another aircraft, so presumably the hardware is ok.
I have no idea when or how the hexID was changed. I have one software update and one iPad mini change in that time.  My setup test in June 2020 reports the correct hexID of 4075B1
Now to check if my Funke transponder has an issue. I seem to recall that it’s setup specifies a hexID. Should I be checking this ID regularly??? I would not have been aware of the issue had my colleagues not been following my route.

Thanks for the backup
Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version