Author Topic: XC Soar free Android software and PilotAware  (Read 17825 times)

Paul_Sengupta

Re: XC Soar free Android software and PilotAware
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:44 pm »
Lee, do you want to copy/paste the setup instructions from this into your posting here?

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,13.0.html

Just so it's there for people to see.

ianfallon

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 08:37:11 am »
I need to add it all to the Software Installation guide too

Admin

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 09:01:32 am »
Lee, do you want to copy/paste the setup instructions from this into your posting here?

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,13.0.html

Just so it's there for people to see.

Hi Paul
Yes please go ahead, and please give to Ian to go in doc for website
Thx for doing this, great help.
Lee

ianfallon

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 01:48:59 pm »
Made some XC Soar screenshots so I just need to integrate them with Paul's info into the guide.
Coming in v0.4 of the guide!

neilmurg

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 02:18:39 pm »
I get aircraft when the PAN message in the lower left corner says 96km or less. If I zoom out it shows PAN 160km and no aircraft. When I turn the PAN off the zoom changes to 70km, still displaying targets.
Even at 70km, I can still see Heathrow and Gatwick, I just need a co-linear aerial for home use now (if that's the right word).

Smaragd

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 12:50:06 pm »
Paul,

I have followed your instructions for linking XC Soar (I have XC Soar TC) up to #8, but I don't have an Enable on the left of my screen, just Edit and Reconnect. Am I doing something wrong?

Trevor

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »
Ah yes, you're right, it's only if you're previously selected "Disable" that "Enable" becomes visible. I guess it "just works" without having to do that, thanks, I'll edit the instructions!

Smaragd

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 03:17:13 pm »
Thanks Paul, I should have caught on to that, though in fact it wasn't actually my problem. I wasn't waiting long enough after pressing Reconnect and just assumed I'd followed the wrong procedure. I've now detected a couple of targets!

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 11:31:00 am »
I installed XC Soar a while back on another device, and I've found now that loading the UK airspace from the menus works fine whereas on the previous page of this thread you had to download a separate file. Makes things easier. It should have worked before but for some reason it didn't.