Author Topic: Radar page blank  (Read 4705 times)

Admin

Re: Radar page blank
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 11:18:21 pm »
I think the browsers are not supporting the javascript
But what it does not support is almost impossible to know

Sean McDonald

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 06:56:36 am »
Has anything changed with javascript on the latest upgrade? It seems since that has happened the issue has arisen for me at least.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:04:47 am by Sean McDonald »

Admin

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 09:28:00 am »
Hi Sean

Lots of things are changed, but without an iOS developer kit - I have no way of debugging the Safari browser core :-(
I have access to someone who may be able to - can you tell me which version of Safari you are running ?

thx
Lee

Sean McDonald

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 12:29:00 pm »
Hi Lee,

I can't see on the iPhone where I would find the version number for Safari. It's a very old phone and I don't have an apple account either.

The phone I tried yesterday is an old Samsung S2 or S3, Android 4.4.2 . I was hopeful as I hadn't turned it on since I tried it as a radar screen last year. And when I did it came up with the connection lost message. When I logged onto PAW initially the screen appeared to go live and I thought all was good. Then it defaulted to that screen with the 'Disp' icon. All the other PAW pages are available.

On an Samsung S3 that I have also used successfully in the past I now get the same result as above both on the phones own internet browser and chrome.

The only one I can get it to work on is a Samsung Galaxy A70 which is much bigger than I would like but workable if it had a way of keeping it from sleeping. It allows 10 minutes max before nodding off and the screen closing down. I found an app to keep it awake but it drained the battery! Third world problems!

I'm running out of old phones to try too ;D

JCurtis

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 05:45:56 pm »
Hi Sean

Lots of things are changed, but without an iOS developer kit - I have no way of debugging the Safari browser core :-(
I have access to someone who may be able to - can you tell me which version of Safari you are running ?

thx
Lee

I have a current Apple Developer licence, though it's been quite a while since I've done anything with iOS, if that helps? 
I use it for internal Mac stuff and running the various Betas...
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Sean McDonald

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2022, 07:42:52 am »
Would you need me to send you the phone?

Mig29fuk

• G-MYUP. White Ox Mead Airstrip. Near Bath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2022, 08:37:24 am »
On the iPhone 7 you can see what is 'armed' in Safari.

Settings
Safari
Advanced (Scroll to bottom of List)
Experimental Features
A list of WebKit Features are listed with 'switch' conditions.

Could that have changed in last update?
G
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

steveu

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2022, 02:47:04 pm »
it would be worthwhile telling us which browser you use on each phone and posting the version number. I'm guessing Safari on the iPhone.

I know the Radar screen works on the latest version of Chrome on Android.

My gut feeling is that older iPhones have stopped updating so may not work with features on newer implementations of the web or later versions of Javascript.

You could try loading Chrome from the Apple App store... if it supports that age of phone...

Sean McDonald

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2022, 11:51:56 am »
Safari on IPhone. Can't see which version but iPhone is version 9.3.6 (13G37)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Android 4.4.2 just the Samsung Browser used

Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4 same thing with Samsung Browser and Chrome on this phone. Have had this one wiped and Lineage OS installed with Android 12. Will see what happens!

jdolan

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2022, 04:14:35 pm »
Just to confirm similar symptoms to those previously reported.  Radar screen used to work fine with older PAW software on an old Galaxy Tab.  Just updated to latest PAW software, and all displays working fine except Radar, which as others have reported just shows white blank screen.  Checking the TFC box or any other boxes and a then refreshing, shows the box unchecked ( maybe that's a clue ? ) and the white blank screen remains. Pressing Disp button has no effect. 

In case it helps others.....

I updated to latest Android it will run ( 4.4.2-1002 ) and to latest Chrome it will run ( 81.0.4044.138 ) but no change to symptoms unfortunately.
I checked on my iPhone5SE with Safari Browser and radar display is fine. ( running ios 15.4.1 ) and I found an old iPad mini running ios 12.5.5 which works fine too.

Quick trawl on the internet supports Admin's hypothesis that newer java script features which are unsupported on older operating systems is the likely issue ( rather than browser. )

We should appreciate that maintaining compatibility with operating systems that are obsolescing can limit exploiting new features.

The New features look great !!!! - Well done PA team, great job and great product  :)

Dave jones

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2022, 09:12:13 pm »
Hi All, Just mentioning my experience using mini iPad and iphone8.
 When I log on to the site using 192.168.1.1 the Disp button flashes once and then settles on FLM or
TAS. Sometimes it stays on Disp and then I just press it and it changes to eitherFLM orTAS whichever one I want. The radar display screen is always black. I’m using Safari on both devices. iPhone software version is 15.5.iPad software is 15.4.1. Hope this info helps the experts out there.
Dave

Dave jones

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2022, 10:19:24 pm »
An update to my last posting. Looking at my home page just now on both iPad and iPhone the Date is given as Tue 7th June 16.08.21 2022 when the actual date and time is Friday 10th June 22.18.40. 2022. Anyone else experienced this?

Admin

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2022, 08:09:25 am »
Hi Dave
Date time is derived from gps
Are you receiving gps ?
Thx
Lee

Dave jones

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2022, 08:38:28 am »
Hi Lee I am now!!. All is green and date and time ok. We I looked at the home page last night I must. Have lost GPS. Sorry to have troubled you. Thanks for your help
Dave