Author Topic: Is someone else using my ICAO Hex code?  (Read 2029 times)

kevkdg

Is someone else using my ICAO Hex code?
« on: September 09, 2021, 09:42:42 am »
Hi,

My aircraft has been u/s since December 2020 and my PilotAware licence expired (will renew it now as aircraft is serviceable again).  However, I notice that a search on the hex code results in some PAW "pings" from my hex code over June, July and August 2021.  Does this mean someone has incorrectly used my hex code?

https://data.pilotaware.com/myplane?myicao=403719&myrxtype=*

Admin

Re: Is someone else using my ICAO Hex code?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 11:11:00 am »
I see single spurious results on these dates bu only a single packet - I suspect a bit corruption in the RF data
The fact that it is a single received pulse, I suspect it is an RF bit flip seen at the receiver - usually on the edge of transmission
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 11:16:46 am by Admin »

Ancien

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 03:25:54 pm »
I haven't seen the hex code search page before.
Is this accessible to all or is it just for the developers?
I see it needs a sign-in.
Bob

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 05:08:45 pm »
Hi Bob,

Public access to the ‘Vector’ coverage/range tool is available through the pilotaware.com website.

In addition, ATOM Station Maintainers have secure password-controlled restricted access which allows them to log in remotely to their own station, and also allows them access to a fairly restricted range of other fields - including the ‘My Plane’ reports, which are not currently available through the public access.

As the GRID is a high security encrypted  network, wider access is limited to a very small number of members of the Development Team to maintain network security, though if you need specific data for a particular purpose please feel free to ask - we are always glad to help where we can and where this is appropriate.

Best Regards

Peter

Ancien

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 10:09:22 am »
Thanks Peter
I thought that would be the case and quite right too!
I read all this stuff to keep abreast of all that is happening with PAW. I'm of an analog age so every little helps.
Cheers
Bob