Author Topic: Rosetta stopped working  (Read 1274 times)

PAN-Denmark

Rosetta stopped working
« on: August 09, 2021, 04:55:14 pm »
My Rosetta stopped transmitting the WiFi signal and I can’t get contact with it again.

I checked the SD card and it appears to be defective as I can’t format it  - so I took another SD card and formatted this and copied the latest software onto the card as per instructions on your site.

Still I am not able to get contact with the Rosetta and I connected it to HDMI to see what happens.  Please see images attached for what it writes during boot sequence.

Any ideas ?

Brooklands

Re: Rosetta stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 06:17:01 pm »
That looks to me as though the software hasn't installed properly on the SD card as its failing during the start up.  I think you need to try completely reformatting the card and re-installing PilotAware.  The other possibility is there is a hardware fault on th Pi.

Brooklands

exfirepro

Re: Rosetta stopped working
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 08:47:44 am »
PAN-Denmark,

What tool are you reformatting the microSD card with? It needs a 'Full Overwrite' reformat with 'Size Adjustment' 'ON', which is best achieved by using the SDFormatter Tool.

Alternatively download a fresh copy of the software from https://pilotaware.lode.co.uk and copy the content of the download straight into the root (top level - i.e. not inside a folder) of a brand new microSD card, which usually won't require formatting.

Please let us know how you get on, or if you need any further help.

Best Regards

Peter