Author Topic: Android  (Read 68474 times)

Russ_H

Re: Android
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 11:59:38 am »
Thanks for your efforts Chris, hopefully this should get a fair few new units in service.

Personally, although I have been using an ipad mini, i much prefer the size of the my nexus 7, so great news.

Admin

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »
Well done Chris - Top Marks

chrismills

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:15 am »
Android app available on Google Play Store. Look for PilotAwareAndroid . Should work out of the box

Steve6443

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 09:00:59 am »
Thanks Chris, now just waiting for the regulator board and can start.....

Admin

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 09:25:57 am »
Android app available on Google Play Store. Look for PilotAwareAndroid . Should work out of the box

Hi Chris
Just when you thought you were all done 😉
At some point I want to deprecate the $P3IGGA syntax, and replace with
The NMEA sentences using $GPGGA and $GPRMC
http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm#nmea
This then smooths the path for incorporating a GPS device, so I have
one common parser

Just reformatting data so should be pretty straightforward - I hope

Thx
Lee

Alan Walker

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 10:28:31 am »
Any chance of a 'step by step' guide to get up and running for a 'non-geek' Eejit Chris?
Have installed your app on my Nexus 7.

Or is it best to stand back and allow settling in time with the experts?

Top effort nevertheless!!

Alan

chrismills

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 10:43:27 am »
Screenshot

rg

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 10:48:13 am »
Good effort Chris....I'll try it out in the car later.

Alan Walker

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 10:49:32 am »
Yep that is what I have Chris.

Just need to confirm the next step as I am getting the message 'Failed to establish a connection with the Butterfly Connect unit.

Wondering if I am doing something wrong or missing out a step?

Russ_H

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 12:13:42 pm »
Alan, have you set the key in connectivity settings to 6000?

I have it installed, but not getting any traffic, this may be down to signal though, I am at home and it is raining.

Chris, when i tap settings in your app nothing comes up??, can't see how to input my aircraft code.

Thanks again, Russ

chrismills

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 12:17:38 pm »
Hi Alan. I suspect that your SkyDemon device might not be connected to the PilotAware WiFi access point. I have had this message during development. If you're trying to set up anywhere there is a regular wifi network, eg at home, then anytime your device loses the PilotAware AP it will automatically reconnect to your home network. The only indication of this is a message which pops up on screen for a short time and then disappears.

This problem was driving me nuts whilst working on the app and it's the reason I added the SSID display at the top line of the app (You can't see it on the screen shot because there was no WiFi when I took it).

If your still having problems then I suggets turn it all off and back on again. Maybe Lee could explain more but I think the PilotAware box can only accept a certain number of connections. During testing I found that if I connected with an iPhone running CollisionAvoid and then disconnnected and tried to connect with PilotAwareAndroid then I couldn't connect without a reboot of the PilotAware box.

Hope this helps.

Chris
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:39:59 pm by chrismills »

chrismills

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 12:27:33 pm »
Hi Russ. Settings are a red herring. Everything is hard coded at the moment.

Your PilotAware box has a miniweb server running inside it. You can access this using a web browser on your android device connected to the PilotAware WiFi. Enter the URL   http://192.168.1.1   into your browser and you'll get the settings page for the PilotAware box. This is where you enter the license code and your transponder code (A valid transponder code is not required for the system to work).

Also, there is a setting within SkyDemon which limits displayed traffic contacts to those at a similar height to you. I reccomend setting this to maximum (50000ft) for testing. On the Android version of SD Settings>Setup>Navigation_Options>Other_Traffic>Show_Within_Vertically.......Set this to max.

Good luck

Admin

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »
New release imminent to support this, uploading now ....

chrismills

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »
Just a though for anyone testing the PilotAwareAndroid app.

I've been working with a Development Version of the Raspberry Pi code provided by Lee. I think the only difference from the regular version is some extra output for debugging but I guess it isn't exactly the same.

I'd be pleased to hear from anyone who has success with the regular code downloaded from the website.

Chris

Russ_H

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 12:32:40 pm »
Cheers chris, settings were accessible in app for the Ipad version so missed that..

P.S. do i have to be running v1.03 software on the Pi box for Android compatability? (currently running 1.02), if so I can't get the download link for that to work, will keep trying.

edit..aah just seen above post Lee, will wait and download new version, Nice one.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:34:12 pm by Russ_H »